Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Second hand car now or new year?

Options
  • 21-10-2008 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

My partner wants a pink automatic Yaris :o and will not be dissuaded!
    Not too many of them and all seem to be Jap imports which is fine as they have better specs. Is there any reason to wait until the new year to buy one? Will it make any difference in terms of price? They seem to be around 6K for a 2000/01 model.

Another thing - some imports I've seen advertised as 'just off the boat' have NCTs on them. How can that be if they've just arrived into the country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Girl car if I ever saw one :D
    If you want a second hand car I see no reason to wait but there could be some technicality I'm not familiar with.

Can you link to one of those new NCTd cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€6k is way too much to pay for a 7/8 year old small car whether it be now or January.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Imports are supposed to be NCT'd once they get the VRT paid. Usually they end up with a 1 year NCT. I guess whichever place is advertising them with the NCT already done is just trying to make them more attractive to buyers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

bazz26 wrote: »
    €6k is way too much to pay for a 7/8 year old small car whether it be now or January.

Agree - my Mrs paid €7k for a 2004 model recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

biko wrote: »
    Girl car if I ever saw one :D She is a girl!

She wants an automatic so that narrows down the field unfortunately. Only 6 pink ones on car zone! €6,950 for a 2000/2001. A bit pricey I think especially as there's no proper pics, just a generic one they use:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Toyota/Yaris/AUTOMATIC-with/1193796/

Would she be able to bargain do you think?

• Advertisement
Advertisement