Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godfather's Pizza

Options
  • 21-10-2008 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Anyone know if they've closed? The wife said she walked past it last night and it looked like it had closed. Hope not, best pizza in Greystones I reckon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring them on 201 0255 and see if they pick up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

They were open on sunday.

I don't think it's the best pizza, but certainly the most convenient! It's nice to be able to just potter across the road when you want one.

I was talking to the owner once, he had just taken a call from Seabourne for a delivery. I remarked that it was insane, why not just collect. He pointed at the apartments across the road and said that one of them rings for delivery regularly. Mad! He doens't care, more money for him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

They were open on sunday.

I don't think it's the best pizza, but certainly the most convenient! It's nice to be able to just potter across the road when you want one.

I was talking to the owner once, he had just taken a call from Seabourne for a delivery. I remarked that it was insane, why not just collect. He pointed at the apartments across the road and said that one of them rings for delivery regularly. Mad! He doens't care, more money for him...

Isn't it free delivery? I live in Seabourne and would always walk across but I could see the occasional appeal if I was in my pj's and didn't want to get dressed, either that or if there was torrential rain.

But yeah, regularly is just lazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

surely the whole point of a take away is laziness. No cooking, cleaning or shopping for food and it arrives to your door. Free delivery for overpriced pizza.melted cheese over toppings so you can't see exactly how little toppings there are.

They do specials for collection only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

passed it yesterday and it definitely looked closed - sign was gone and the windows are covered in newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

It's changing over to Pizza Hut, according to the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I have seen some shop refitting going on since early Monday morning. It'll reopen under a new guise. Pizza Hut? Who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Noooo! I LOVED their pizzas.:(

I tried that new caesars pizza place beside lidl last week, it was god awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

cotton wrote: »
    Noooo! I LOVED their pizzas.:(

I tried that new caesars pizza place beside lidl last week, it was god awful.

I wondered if anyone tried it.
    The Pizza hut sign went up today on Godfathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I wondered if anyone tried it.
    The Pizza hut sign went up today on Godfathers.

You'd be better off going & buying one of those tescos value pizzas. The cheese wasn't even real. Gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

pizza hut hq! Who'd've thought such a massive junk food chain would've set up their hq in a small shop in little old charlesland. We should feel honoured. Hail to our food making betters, i say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

No more 7'' personal deals! :( Chips are still the same, had the new chicken chunks (BBQ sauce). Were alright, not as good as the old ones. Might have a pizza tongiht. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

I'm not a big pizza fan but got a meal deal last night and loved it...
    Big improvment I thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

Had the pepperoni lat night and thought it was absolutely yum. It's a definite improvement. I'll sorely miss the onion rings though :(

Had the mega meat last night. Not bad at all... The sauce is tastier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ADK

Thank God it's changed over. Only had the old pizzas twice and they were so greasy, horrible. Looking forward to trying the new place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

I had the Pepperoni and it was much better than the old Godfathers one - the base is so much nicer.

I also got the Cookiedough - Oh My God - it was heaven........ luckily I am pregnant so I can eat as much of it as I want for the next 5 months :D

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

oooh saw Pizza Hut yesterday when i was down that way, must give it a try. Had Godfathers once, wasn't a fan

Also...I just found out that Domino's are opening in Bray! Wuhoooo!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Woot! Pizza Hut! That's great - they don't seem to have menu dropped the local area yet though - I think their pizzas are great - we get them in work all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Had some pizza from there last night and imo it tasted the same as Godfather's did.

Apparently it was mayhem down there last night with people coming back with wrong orders. So says the gf's parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Had some pizza from there last night and imo it tasted the same as Godfather's did.

Yeah that's what my bf said, same lads working there still aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm pretty disappointed about the change. I thought Godfather's Pizza was delicious. Ordered from Pizza Hut today and I thought it was terrible. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Ordered last night...

No mozerralla sticks!!!!

Boooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Really - it's a disaster! And they're more expensive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

OK, to sum up, that's 7 yeas and 5 nays, with one "meh".

Takeaway pizza conossieurs are a fickle lot.....

(I liked it - improved sauce and base, and the garlic flakes added a nice touch...)

Advertisement