Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH well, no UFC for me.

Options
  • 21-10-2008 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

Due to financial constraints i was unable to get myself tickets in time. The only ones left are 175euro ring side seats which i shall not be buying.

Medical bills need to be paid i fear.

So, anyone else gonna have to miss the show?

Go on, make me feel better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Someone else who is in the same boat as me!!If its any consolation,I cant afford to go either.
    There's always next time...thats what I keep telling myself anyway:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Cant either of you sorry soles ask someone near and dear to get you a ticket for Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

rovert wrote: »
    Cant either of you sorry soles ask someone near and dear to get you a ticket for Christmas?

I wouldn't ask anyone to outlay that type of cash for me for a Christmas present. Besides, if they could it would be better to just give me the cash so i can pay my med bills! ha ha ha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

rovert wrote: »

I would,except im not a christian,so no christmas for me either:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There are loads of Tickets left at the lesser prices, think I sold myself short on a good seat by insisting on the O2 pre sale tickets!

• Advertisement

Theyre all gone already?! Sh1te. Well count me in so! Hey Dragan, how could this happen! Gutting! I've been to 3 of the last 5 UK events and when it lands on my own back door I cant get the money together :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Dragan wrote: »
    Due to financial constraints i was unable to get myself tickets in time. The only ones left are 175euro ring side seats which i shall not be buying.

Medical bills need to be paid i fear.

So, anyone else gonna have to miss the show?

Go on, make me feel better.

I am missing it as well unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Yeah my fiancee and a house purchase make anything like that impossible. It would RULE to be able to go. If im not being too nosy - what med bills must be paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Wow, how lucky was I that my fiancee had and used the o2 presale code yesterday? I'm in shock that even the nosebleeds are gone already!

I'm guessing because of the penny pinching times we're in at the moment, the 50 and 75 euro tickets were gonna go first. I'd place a safe bet that there may still be quite a few bottom section seats free on the day of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

FREE TICKETS ON ME!!!!!

just need ur bank account details and sort code to transfer the tickets to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

guys they will probably still be selling tickets on the day of the event at the O2.

At UFC 75 in London, you could buy nosebleed tickets at the ticket office as you were going into the event, and there will always be people who have bought the tickets hoping to make a profit on them trying to get rid on them outside the venue.

Keep your head up guys, you may get to go to the ball after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Barry.Commins

There seem to be plenty of €50 and €75 tickets left. Only the €125 tickets are sold out.

Wherever you sit you'll end up looking at the screens half the time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

just bought 12, 50 euro tickets, they try to create a panic-its a good sales ply...they'll probably keep stopping selling them..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Missing it also, but I have the "consolation" of going to see Barca play Depor in the Camp Nou. Shame the weekends clash, but UFC will be back in Ireland again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Someone I know just got some €50 tickets and had a good poke around the site. He says there's lots of tickets left for all prices so there maybe a chance yet Dragan! Convince someone that you're worth a €50 crimbo pressie!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Dragan! Convince someone that you're worth a €50 crimbo pressie!

Hell Dragan ill get ya a ticket if ya want, but u have to say please

gimmick wrote: »
    Missing it also, but I have the "consolation" of going to see Barca play Depor in the Camp Nou. Shame the weekends clash, but UFC will be back in Ireland again.

Don't be so sure of that until the event is over. People thought the same about Belfast, until Dana White basically ruled it out when he claimed he was unhappy with the facilities in the city when the fighters stayed over there.

And let's face it, with Ireland being an expensive country to run in, nothing is ever definite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fair point, but I'm sure I read somewhere that UFCs european guy said Irekland was going to be a key part of their expansion? Though it is quite possible he was only saying that for a soundbite.

gimmick wrote: »
    Fair point, but I'm sure I read somewhere that UFCs european guy said Irekland was going to be a key part of their expansion? Though it is quite possible he was only saying that for a soundbite.

Dana has wanted to run Ireland for quite some time but due to the lack of a decent sized venue, it wasn't feasable.

So this is the test run. But given the value of the Euro in Ireland, compared to the value of the Euro in other european countries, it could tell a completely different story.

Also please bear in mind that the value of the Dollar has gone down a lot since then. If UFC in Ireland fails to turn a profit, you won't see them back for quite some time. It was exactly the reason why some bands or events don't tour Ireland. Because it's too expensive to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

I've just logged onto ticketmaster to see what was left, searched for 2 x€50 tickets and found some, so there are still €50 ones left.

unless you are looking for 5/6 seated together you should be able to get them if you log on today.

• Advertisement

Dont worry they will be back next year. I wouldnt mind but UFC up in belfast i had about 8 spare tickets . This year everybody is a fan. My tickets are the ones in the Blue part of the seating behind Goldberg and Rogan .

dragan u wanna do the weigh in buzz the day before anyway?! ill go with ya, we can act all cool and casual as if we're gonna be in attendance the next day! take some photos at the O2 and photshop.....nodoby will know, except the ones who read this post!! :pac:

I know i'm gonna regret this financially cos I really can't afford it but seize the day and all that. Booked my ticket Block A!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

It could be worse, I shelled out €175 and I've just realised I won't be able to go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well I just got myself and my son €75- tickets in Block L :p

Mairt wrote: »

Got tickets for me and my two brothers thinking this is an ideal excuse for an informal family do. But the father and son combo beats all, best dad ever.

This post is a bit fruity I know!

Mairt wrote: »

How olds your son mate? That's a class thing to bring him to. I ran into Gerry Ryan in London at UFC 75, he was there with his 20 y.o son!

LOL I'm goin with my brother, family central!

BTW can anyone who has been to the UFC live give an idea of whats to be expected, expirence-wise?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    BTW can anyone who has been to the UFC live give an idea of whats to be expected, expirence-wise?

Ok very quickly.

- Make sure u catch all the prelims, get bang for your buck.

- The video montage to the song "Baba O'Reilly" by The Who showing old fights is on of the greatest things ever. It plays after the lights go out in the arena and it signals the event going live. You only see it if you're there and its teh aweome!

- Pray u dont get stuck in seats near muppets. I did at 75 and had to put up with a drunk guy who kept shouting "Jacknife powerbomb him Rampage" when Rampage was on the bottom.......:rolleyes: You're bound to get a few idiots there so just ignore them tbh.

- You may find yourself watching the screens more than the cage. I've been to 3 and the last one I was at, 85 in June, I watched a lot on the screen.

- I wouldnt drink a lot at it tbh. The queues are ridiculous and you are likely to miss fights cos of them.

- Eat beforehand. Prelims will start around 5 o clock and the eveent will be over anytime between 10.15 and 11 so its a long event and the food they sell at UFC isnt the may west.

- The merchandise counter is strangely enticing. you may not plan to buy a t-shirt but once u get there you're likely to crumble so budget for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Neil is spot on, on all points.

Great experience, great atmosphere. There may be some muppets near you. I was at 75, when a woman nearby shouted during the Bisping Hamill fight "Knock his bleedin hearing aid out". But these are very minor annoyances.

The prelims are usually very good, the Baba O Reilly montage is amazing, you will spend alot of time looking at screens, and the merchandising always gets me too.

Advertisement