Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH well, no UFC for me.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

How olds your son mate? That's a class thing to bring him to. I ran into Gerry Ryan in London at UFC 75, he was there with his 20 y.o son!

LOL I'm goin with my brother, family central!

He's 17. I didn't even think of discounts tbh.

And anyway, he's attended M.A. with me since he was in nappies :p so he'd have been going all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Thanks to the awesome kindness of an absolute ****ing legend i will now be going!

**** yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Woo Hoo, now we don't have to listen to big D moaning, whinging and bitch'n for the next two months :p

Mairt wrote: »
    Woo Hoo, now we don't have to listen to big D moaning, whinging and bitch'n for the next two months :p

Ah, if i had of needed to i'd have run a few cycles, shaved my head and tried to pass myself off as Mark Coleman!!!!

****ing chuffed right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Really starting to get psyched for this now. :)

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote: »
    Thanks to the awesome kindness of an absolute ****ing legend i will now be going!

**** yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Where are you sitting?!

Where are you sitting?!

I am a future resident of H Block! ha ha ha

Ah, I'm with the A block massive! U goin to the weigh ins!? Gonna book my day off (sick day FTW!:P) for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Watch out for Sourtits!

Oh yeah, I was a shiftworker...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Block L for me. I may stalk some of the UFC fighters for autographs during an interval:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

A mate of mine got a tour of the new O2 and said it's stunning, not a bad seat in the house, 60metres is the furthest any seat is from the stage (probably about 40 metres from the cage for the UFC)

He also said there'll be way may food and drink stands so I wouldn't worry about not drinking. It was less of an issue in the O2 in London last time out as well, I think they learnt their lesson from 72 and 75.

Neil is right about that Baba O'Riley vid too, they should just spend $100m and put that on prime time during all the biggest TV shows, it'd sell the sport to every man, woman and child. The best MMA vid I've seen by a mile.

Ah, I'm with the A block massive! U goin to the weigh ins!? Gonna book my day off (sick day FTW!:P) for it!

Yeah, it's at the weigh ins that i want to get any decent photos that i am going to get. It just won't be possible on the night to get anything even remotely decent so the weighs it is!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

The Baba O Reilly video gets changed aswell to reflect the newer fights. I think the first one is the best, climaxes with Bonnar vs Griffin, its brilliant.

Not planning on drinking at this event, it will only dull the memories.

Yeah, it's at the weigh ins that i want to get any decent photos that i am going to get. It just won't be possible on the night to get anything even remotely decent so the weighs it is!!!

Bring your camera on the night. ive yet to be at a UFC where I didnt meet fighters amongst the paying punters! I've met the likes of Brandon Vera, Ernesto Hoost, Dean Lister, Scott Smith, Tyson Griffin, Michael Bisping, Martin Kampmaan and others just walking around the place.

Cannot wait to see Shogun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

dunkamania wrote: »
    Not planning on drinking at this event, it will only dull the memories.

Ill bring my camera for the memories :D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

Neil is right about that Baba O'Riley vid too, they should just spend $100m and put that on prime time during all the biggest TV shows, it'd sell the sport to every man, woman and child. The best MMA vid I've seen by a mile.

The Baba O'Reilly/Teenage Wasteland vid is awesome, its one of the things I'm gonna try and record when I'm at UFC 93, I've never seen anything get a crowd so pumped for an event.

The main thing we should try and do at UFC 93, no matter where you are seated, if someone BOOOOOO's , punch them in the mouth.

Irish crowds generally come across very well at concerts and sporting events hopefully we will do so at UFC 93 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

stevemc01 wrote: »

The main thing we should try and do at UFC 93, no matter where you are seated, if someone BOOOOOO's , punch them in the mouth.

Irish crowds generally come across very well at concerts and sporting events hopefully we will do so at UFC 93 too.

Agreed, please people dont be 1 of the booing morons that ufc tends to attract, there the ignorant part of the sport, make this a memorable night so there all dying to come back..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

AFAIR the only boos up in Belfast were the ones for the Guida-Griffin decision.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Agreed, please people dont be 1 of the booing morons that ufc tends to attract, there the ignorant part of the sport, make this a memorable night so there all dying to come back..

I'm going to make a very bold statement here, i don't think this is something that will happen.

At Cage Rage in the point i was horribly impressed by the overall knowledge of the spectators and there appreciation of the game. They were cheering for the stand up, for the ground work, hell i even remember a particular sweet reversal that was met with a roar of approval.

Then again, i could be proven wrong on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I'm going to make a very bold statement here, i don't think this is something that will happen..

I agree with you, but it only takes a couple of morons to get every one going..

we're not known for been the booing types over here anyway!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote: »
    we're not known for been the booing types over here anyway!

Been to any Ireland soccer matches lately!? :pac:

I hope not Dragan, but UFC will attract more casual people than cage Rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Block L for me. I may stalk some of the UFC fighters for autographs during an interval:D

Up in Block M myself, twould be wrong of me, as a fellow UCDer not to stall over and say hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Up in Block M myself, twould be wrong of me, as a fellow UCDer not to stall over and say hello!

Hello, maybe I'll see you there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Unfortunately booing is creeping into Irish sport alright. I remember the French kickers being booed in the inaugral rugby game in Croker. I fully support the punch the booer campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Just an idea - should we try arrange a " boards " night out after, maybe reserve somewhere? Seems to be a lot of people going, and it would be excellent if somewhere could be arranged, maybe even showing a replay of the event.
    I could look into it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

If we get a whole load of people on the punch the booer campaign, get it well advertised and make people aware of it in advance, it would really help a defence against an assault charge in court after you punch them.

Booing is the new cheering. Mind you I was brought to a Wolves match last year and in a fluke result they got beaten 6-0 at home. (I am truly the kiss of death) The crowd applauded them off the pitch and sang their way through the last 20 minutes. It was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

What about getting people to wear irish jerseys turn the place green.

ryoishin wrote: »
    What about getting people to wear irish jerseys turn the place green.

With Shogun written on the back!

Soccer kick baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Drunkmonkey79

Unfortunitley you can't stop the Booers, They are just idiots and There's something about this sport that attracts the mindless idiot who is intent on seeing two lads kill each other and they're the sort who boo for grappling/ground game.
    I've seen this type of idiot rush the ring, climb the side of the cage and even throw stuff into the cage and those things happened at seperate events around Ireland! So i too am strongly endorsing the 'P.T.B' campaign!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Just an idea - should we try arrange a " boards " night out after, maybe reserve somewhere?

I assume there will be an after party, shouldnt we all try and go there.....if not, then we should definitely do something.

As far as Irish crowds at MMA events go....I was ringside for Rings with my sister and friend, and had to run from the arena because of the scumbags throwing coins from the balconies after the last fight didnt happen.

Advertisement