Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how many partners

• 21-10-2008 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

time to own up lads and ladies, how many sexual partners have you had. surveys say average of 8. sounds alot!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

john1963 wrote: »
    time to own up lads and ladies, how many sexual partners have you had. surveys say average of 8. sounds alot!!!

Doesn't sound like a lot to me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Like feck if I'm answering this? I wouldnt say many girls will respond. You'd probably get more of a response in AH.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

*awaits to be called both a prude and a slut*

And anyway... an average of 8 at what age? In an entire LIFETIME?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

sounds alot!!!

lol

and an anonymous poll was the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

What survey is this? 8 in a lifetime doesn't sound like much but 8 in a year would.

I've also had 3 different partners. "Late" bloomer and if i'm honest it's never been top of my to do list :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭john1963

in a lifetime yes. survey by durex says irish people have an average of 8. men higher than women. so far average here is much lower

in a lifetime yes. survey by durex says irish people have an average of 8. men higher than women. so far average here is much lower

Can we have a link? That seems crazy low to me.

shellyboo wrote: »
    Can we have a link? That seems crazy low to me.

http://www.durex.com/cm/gss2004Content.asp?intQid=401

Number of sexual partners

People around the world have had an average number of 10.5 sexual partners

More than a quarter (27%) have had only one partner while 21% have had sex with more than 10 people

Men have had more sexual partners than women - 12.4 compared to 7.2

The Chinese have had more sexual partners than anyone else - 19.3 compared with the Brazilians (15.2), the Japanese (12.7) and the Danes (12.5)

Those in Vietnam have had the fewest sexual partners - 2.5 compared with Hong Kong (3.5), India (3.7) and Malaysia (4.2)

Find that really hard to believe to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

lots:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

JaneyMc wrote: »
    Like feck if I'm answering this? I wouldnt say many girls will respond. You'd probably get more of a response in AH.

Agreed....cant see very many girls answering this! And anybody who answers i would be wondering about how truthful the answers are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

138 but who's counting.

Can we go pee up a wall somewhere now and get it over with.

Hold on- 139. Forgot about (Insert YORE MA joke here).

Iago wrote: »

The Chinese have had more sexual partners than anyone else - 19.3

I've had 17... and I'm only 25.

*Moves to China where she won't be branded a slut*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Haven't read the article, but does it give the average age of people surveyed. We'd then have to check the average age of people who answer (and their sex) to have a proper comparison.

Hmm, probably too much effort :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

[awesomo]17[/awesomo].

And that survey says it's 10.6 for Ireland, if you actually look at the chart...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

why do girls who have numerous partners call them selfs sluts, it never bothered me as to my partners past, thats most of the trouble in this country we are always looking back, when its the future thats most important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

How does the average man have more partners? Should that not be balanced out on the female side?

old boy wrote: »
    why do girls who have numerous partners call them selfs sluts, it never bothered me as to my partners past, thats most of the trouble in this country we are always looking back, when its the future thats most important.

I wasn't calling myself a slut... and girls rarely call themselves sluts, it's other people who do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

How does the average man have more partners? Should that not be balanced out on the female side?

maybe its down to men adding a few on and women taking a few away.....or counting pam and her sisters..

Was it specific in saying human partners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

wont tell you how many in total but first year i moved over to Ireland it was 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

25 - 30, not all at once mind you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not enough. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Disco Stu

It depends really on a lot of factors... some people go from one long term relationship to another so their number is likely to be low whereas others are single or in short term things so theirs is higher...

For me would have been 2 or 3 till I was 27 because in a relationship most of the time but have been single mainly since then and probably messing around a bit to be honest in an effort to get over and clear the system of relationships... So for me somewhere in the 12 - 15 range... (some of them I'm not sure if I want to remember!!)

And I'd rather a girl knew what she was doing and what she liked than not have any real experience.... but thats just me! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

who cares..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

just as a matter of interest what do people actually count as a "sexual partner"

jsb wrote: »
    just as a matter of interest what do people actually count as a "sexual partner"

Someone you had sexual intercourse with?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'd say someone I had intercourse with.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Someone you had sexual intercourse with?

see this is what I am just wondering as I know some people would classify just oral in their "sexual partners" list so that is why I am just wondering what is the general consensus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Disco Stu wrote: »
    And I'd rather a girl knew what she was doing and what she liked than not have any real experience.... but thats just me! :)

Not putting words in your mouth but I don’t think girls need a large number of partners to know what they are doing or what they like in the sack. Some people just have more enthusiasm or confidence. Others will just lay back and do nought.

see this is what I am just wondering as I know some people would classify just oral in their "sexual partners" list so that is why I am just wondering what is the general consensus

See... in my world, and this is quite possibly why I have so many sexual partners, but whatever - how is there a situation where you would just give someone a bj, not sleep with them, and then never see them again to have proper sex? Am I just being dense?

See... in my world, and this is quite possibly why I have so many sexual partners, but whatever - how is there a situation where you would just give someone a bj, not sleep with them, and then never see them again to have proper sex? Am I just being dense?

It happens. :pac:

that or they are happy to receive but that is as far as they are prepared to go

• Advertisement

These surverys always tend to be skewed because guys are worried that their number is less than everyone elses and so add to their total, and girls are worried that their number is more than everyone elses and so subtract from their total.

I have friends who I know have only had 1-2 partners and are now married, and then there are others who had 50+ partners before settling down. Based on my experiences and social circle I would have thought that 7-10 was conservative with 20-30 being more realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Galvasean wrote: »
    It happens. :pac:

Not happened to me:( but yes this definitely happens.

that or they are happy to receive but that is as far as they are prepared to go

This is the part I don't get... oral is pretty much the most intimate thing you can do with another person, or to me it is anyway. I'd equate it with intercourse, so I don't see how you can say "Oh it's ok to do THIS but not THAT, that's going too far."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

Kya1976 wrote: »
    wont tell you how many in total but first year i moved over to Ireland it was 10
    10 in one year...:eek:all different people??

tv3 wrote: »
    10 in one year...:eek:all different people??
    Whore of Babylon.

• Advertisement

Ask Bill Clinton's spin-doctors who argued that he did not have 'sexual relations' with THAT woman because bj is not technically 'sexual relations'.

Whore of Babylon.

Dude! It's not that hard.

edit: bad choice of words :o

:rolleyes:
    Whore of Babylon.

This is the part I don't get... oral is pretty much the most intimate thing you can do with another person, or to me it is anyway. I'd equate it with intercourse, so I don't see how you can say "Oh it's ok to do THIS but not THAT, that's going too far."

probably due to the fact that they know they can't get pregnant from it, they are more willing to do it as that might scare some women out of having a one night stand if they don't have condoms, that and they probably have a better chance of some sort of orgasm if done properly

probably due to the fact that they know they can't get pregnant from it, they are more willing to do it as that might scare some women out of having a one night stand if they don't have condoms, that and they probably have a better chance of some sort of orgasm if done properly

Okaaaaay... fair point. I forget that not all women are on pre-emptive contraception and carry condoms like me just in case, lol :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

surveys say average of 8. sounds a lot....

Does it?
    Whore of Babylon.

Bore of Babble-on.

Find it hard to get any? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

More than youuuuuuuuuuuuu

Muhahahaha

Okaaaaay... fair point. I forget that not all women are on pre-emptive contraception and carry condoms like me just in case, lol :P
    Were ya living...;)

:D

wow.

tv3 wrote: »
    Were ya living...;)

:D

LOL. Nice try.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement