Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how many partners

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

shellyboo wrote: »
    LOL. Nice try.
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

Hmmmm... about 10 or 11.
    Its a bit mad though because im 26 and have been with my boyfriend for nearly 4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭john1963

i am in the 50 plus bracket, started at 19. now 42 but intend to stop soon!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

wow.

Bad wow or good wow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Was the OP not on before going on about how girls with more than zero partners were slags? Sounds like ye are giving him ammunition, I'm keeping my mouth shut!

At least i think it was a 'john' but can stand to be corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

tv3 wrote: »
    10 in one year...:eek:all different people??
    yeah of course with different people, and yes in one whole year:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Hmm, not easy to answer. For example:

Should the totals include persons with whom one has had non-penetrative sexual activity, but that resulted in orgasm?
    Should the totals include sexual activity that was paid for? ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Kya1976 wrote: »
    yeah of course with different people, and yes in one whole year:D
    Your box must have been red raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

Around 50 I'd say, guessing a hit rate :p about 4 per year fr the past 14 years, some were better than others of course lol.

• Advertisement

emmm maybe stick to the question and stop being bold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

milod wrote: »

Oh, well in that case forget 4, it's 3.

Is he joking!?!? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Haven't counted but around the 25 mark. I'm 30 - sexually active nearly 12 and a half years.
    JaneyMc wrote: »
    I wouldnt say many girls will respond.
    See, this fear of responding just further reinforces they have something to be ashamed about. Why not respond?
    And anyway... an average of 8 at what age? In an entire LIFETIME?
    Yeah that is sod-all in a lifetime.
    Iago wrote: »
    http://www.durex.com/cm/gss2004Content.asp?intQid=401

Number of sexual partners

People around the world have had an average number of 10.5 sexual partners

More than a quarter (27%) have had only one partner while 21% have had sex with more than 10 people

Men have had more sexual partners than women - 12.4 compared to 7.2

The Chinese have had more sexual partners than anyone else - 19.3 compared with the Brazilians (15.2), the Japanese (12.7) and the Danes (12.5)

Those in Vietnam have had the fewest sexual partners - 2.5 compared with Hong Kong (3.5), India (3.7) and Malaysia (4.2)

Find that really hard to believe to be honest.
    Me too. I know single people who have a one-night stand every time they go out - and they go out a lot. And have been doing this for years.
    I've had 17... and I'm only 25.

*Moves to China where she won't be branded a slut*
    If you became sexually active at 16 that's less than two a year - low enough really.
    tv3 wrote: »
    10 in one year...:eek:all different people??
    One every five weeks - doesn't seem all that astounding.

It ain't exactly Annabel Chong territory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annabel_Chong

Dudess wrote: »

If you became sexually active at 16 that's less than three a year - average really.

I was 17, I'm 24 now, and I was in a monogamous relationship for five years... so discounting that period, it's 8 a year... which, in fact, I still don't think is that many!

milod wrote: »
    Hmm, not easy to answer. For example:

Should the totals include persons with whom one has had non-penetrative sexual activity, but that resulted in orgasm?

all sexual activity is paid for! one way or another!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

ALL sex is paid for, be it dinner, diamonds or cold hard cash :)

• Advertisement

I was 17, I'm 24 now, and I was in a monogamous relationship for five years... so discounting that period, it's 8 a year... which, in fact, I still don't think is that many!
    Nope. You had your long-term relationship and then started to have fun - no crime there.
    If she was in a monogamous relationship for that year she would probably have been having more sex, yet in those circumstances you wouldn't make a comment like that...

Nope. You had your long-term relationship and then started to have fun - no crime there.

Something like that... the fun came before and after the relationship!

wow.
    What's so surprising about a girl carrying condoms? I used to. It's actually very sensible.
    john1963 wrote: »
    i am in the 50 plus bracket, started at 19. now 42 but intend to stop soon!!!
    I don't understand - you said you thought eight in a lifetime was a lot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Two.

Is that a lot? :D

Both are long-term aren't they?

It's not a lot of partners, but it's probably a lot more sex than someone who has a one-night stand every weekend... :)

• Advertisement

What's so surprising about a girl carrying condoms? I used to. It's actually very sensible.

That's what I thought. I don't want to get pregnant or get an STI so I am on contraception and I carry condoms... why would I trust anyone else to make sure those things don't happen to me? It's pretty irresponsible to put your health in someone else's hands, imo.

Both are long-term aren't they?

It's not a lot of partners, but it's probably a lot more sex than someone who has a one-night stand every weekend... :)

That would involve having sex more often than every weekend, wouldn't it? :(

Hmmm... true...

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

I've been stuck on four since early last year.

I think I'm cursed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Galvasean wrote: »

*awaits to be called both a prude and a slut*

You are a prude and a slut.

For me?

1?

100?

Does it matter?

Not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

I've been stuck on four since early last year.

I think I'm cursed.
    More likely you are just a bit ugly or a loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Climate Expert Banned.

I don't understand - you said you thought eight in a lifetime was a lot...

no. i said an average of 8 seemed alot. lots of people get married to first or second partner. only immature insecure people like me have lots of partners!!
    I love being immature and insecure!!!

Not necessarily immature or insecure at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

See, this fear of responding just further reinforces they have something to be ashamed about. Why not respond?

I am not ashamed at all, I'm around the average mark, but I wouldn't put the exact figure up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Whore of Babylon.

Y'know I consider that to be a compliment but somehow I doubt you meant it from the same occult and metaphysical understanding of the term that I have.

What would you call a male who had 10 partners in one year ?
    Or are you some one who thinks the end of the world is nigh and is looking out for the signs as listed in the book of revelations ?

john1963 wrote: »
    only immature insecure people like me have lots of partners!!

Eh... I resent that. You don't have to be immature or insecure to enjoy having lots of sex...

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Y'know I consider that to be a compliment but somehow I doubt you meant it from the same occult and metaphysical understanding of the term that I have.

Lucky!

*insert rimshot*

That double standard's a real pain, isn't it? I've just been talking to a friend who's in his early 30s and has had around 150 partners... and he's a legend in his own lifetime, clearly.

I think John means only insecure/immature people would shy away from monogamous relationships and would focus on shagging around. Meh, not at all true. Some insecure/immature people just HAVE to be in a relationship because they're so needy.

Y'know I consider that to be a compliment...

Climate expert is a well known troll. I'm surprised he took that long to get banned.

That double standard's a real pain, isn't it? I've just been talking to a friend who's in his early 30s and has had around 150 partners... and he's a legend in his own lifetime, clearly.

A legend in his own lunch box , maybe.

The double standard always amused me as well. As a dude i would be praised for my antics, while the girls i was carrying on with would be labeled as easy.

Eh, wtf?????

Or are you some one who thinks the end of the world is nigh and is looking out for the signs as listed in the book of revelations ?

find it very strange the reaction my reply got..... don't consider myself a slut for sleeping with 10 people in one year.....

find it very strange the reaction my reply got..... don't consider myself a slut for sleeping with 10 people in one year.....

It should be noted that the people who bang on about "standards" are often the ones who can't get "any".

Dragan wrote: »

Teehee, I shall tell him that :)

Me too Kya... I don't think it's that many at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

As a dude i would be praised for my antics

no your a slut

It should be noted that the people who bang on about "standards" are often the ones who can't get "any".
    absolutely:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

I'm turning 28, male and am on about 36... I've only been in fleeting relationships- longest being a year. Sexually active since i was 19.

TBH i'd rather have a figure below 20, i think 30 odd is high for a fella, and any time the "whats your magic number" conversation comes along i cringe... but hey it was my doing! :o

The double standard always amused me as well. As a dude i would be praised for my antics, while the girls i was carrying on with would be labeled as easy.

Eh, wtf?????
    Apparently it's easier for girls to get a shag, whereas a guy has to work harder, hence the respect for guys. A load of balls frankly.
    I think you got the comments because he resents your relaxed attitude to sex and your ability to pull. :)
    What exactly is a slut anyway? Granted, I think it's a bad thing when a girl is on a guy's (or a number of guys') speed dial for when he needs some fall-back/last resort sex at 4am... but I'd have nothing but sympathy for a girl with such a lack of self esteem. She needs support and encouragement, not verbal abuse.

Me too Kya... I don't think it's that many at all!
    same here, dont see the problem i was single at the time anyway.....

What exactly is a slut anyway? I think it's a bad thing when a girl is on a guy's speed dial for when he needs some fall-back/last resort sex at 4am... and I'd have nothing but sympathy for a girl with such a lack of self esteem. She needs support and encouragement, not verbal abuse.

What about if a guy is on a girl's speed dial for some last-resort sex at 4am? Cos I've got some of those.

• Advertisement

Apparently it's easier for girls to get a shag, whereas a guy has to work harder, hence the respect for guys. A load of balls frankly.

I think you got the comments because he resents your relaxed attitude to sex and your ability to pull. :)
    What exactly is a slut anyway? Granted, I think it's a bad thing when a girl is on a guy's (or a number of guys') speed dial for when he needs some fall-back/last resort sex at 4am... but I'd have nothing but sympathy for a girl with such a lack of self esteem. She needs support and encouragement, not verbal abuse.
    well I meant it in the way Climate expert said it, implying me being cheep. I just didn't see the problem, I was single at the time and yeah I like sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

girls rarely call themselves sluts

The fun ones do though! ;)

Well ok, I'm talking more about rather naive girls who just get laughed at by the guys who use them for sex... yet are silly enough to think that if they keep giving up the goods he'll fall in love with them and respect them. I know it sounds crazy... but believe me I know such girls.
    well I meant it in the way Climate expert said it, implying me being cheep. I just didn't see the problem, I was single at the time and yeah I like sex.
    Oh of course... but sadly, merely enjoying sex and not being monogamous is enough to justify calling a girl a "slut" according to a lot of people.

Personally Ive had 6. Its not something I think a lot about, had to do the quick count there and discount the people i was VERY intimate with but didnt engage in intercourse with. I dont think of it as high or low, its my "number" at this particular time in my life. I could easily have run my "score" up higher but after trying it out on 2 separate occasions I realsied that one nighters arent really for me. they're good but I don't feel right after them, I prefer to be with someone I connect with otherwise I feel pretty hollow afterwards. Plus the sex is MUCH better when you have that. Don't get me wrong though, I have a high sex drive and a prolonged period without it will result in me turning to the one night route but I prefer to know the girl. I'm also not saying that i think sex should be exclusively confined to relationships because that's rubbish. I've only slept with 2 girls who I was going out with, and one of them I'm going out with now!

I think that as long as you're safe and not out ridin people u met 5 mins before in the corner of a nightclub then its really irrelevent how many you've had. Practice safe sex, have fun and dont worry about what other people may say. The fact that in this day and age some girls here are still avoiding answering due to fear of being branded as something shows that we as a society still have a lot of growing up to do in terms of our attitudes to sex.

I used to be insecure and immature about this and i remember freakin out when I found out a girl I was seeing had been with more people than I had. I never really got over that with her which was a shame because looking back it was nonsense for me to give a sh1t. But I was in a long term relationship so my number of individual people was very low and I was still quite immature about the whole subject of sex until the last year or so.

I do think that asking this question to your OH is a very bad thing to do because no matter what answer u give/get.....it wont be ok for them. So i dont ask and I dont answer if an OH were to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would say what makes a person a slut is not the number of people they have had sex with but lack of respect for themselves and lack of discernment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement