Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing course

Options
  • 21-10-2008 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I am a mature student in a 2nd year Beng electronic & computer engineering course. I am getting the grant, free fees and BTEA. I am having second thoughts about whether I am suited to this course, the electronics is really hard. I have a certification in computer and network maintenance. I am thinking of changing to a Bsc Inforrmation Technology. What will happen to my grant etc.?

Comments

If you stop doing a course and restart at 1st year you won't be eligible until you reach the same level you dropped out of. It gets messy as it depends when you dropped out during the course year rather than at the end.

So if you 'repeat' the years you won't be eligible for the grant/fees paid, but otherwise you will have to pay fees for the first x number of years.

Advertisement