Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX and NAS

• 21-10-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Anyone know if I can get the XBOX to see a NAS drive ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Gerry1995 wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can get the XBOX to see a NAS drive ?

not sure, it would be handy if it could. my setup involves a 500gb NAS and 360 wired to the router and then any of the 4 laptops in the house connected wirelessly. all the laptops are setup to access the NAS and have no problem doing so. to stream media to the 360 requires at least 1 of the laptops to be on so it's streaming via media player. it's concepually complicated but its working so i've not searched for a simpler alternative:

NAS <wired> router <w/less> laptop (media player) <w/less> router <wired> 360

simple as you like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Does your NAS have an option to enable uPNP sharing if so yes but if it only offers Samba/CIFS when your out of luck unless to use a another computer to connect to the NAS and share the content?

Edit:

If you are going to share via a Windows the best program is "TVersity Media Server" it runs as a service so you do not even have to logged into the PC {just has to be powered on and windows loaded} for your XBox to access the streams.

Advertisement