Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neolithic diet

• 21-10-2008 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever try this? I am a huge Darwin fan and love evolution.

The idea is that we evolved as hunter gatherers eating veg, meat, fruit and nuts. In the last few thousand years we have introduced breads, pasta and rice in to our diets overloading us with carbs in too short a time. Our system isn't used to it.

I needed to tone up a bit and gave up the bread, pasta, rice and processed food. I have been living on fruit, veg and loads and loads of meat.

Amazing difference, lost lots of weight in a matter of weeks got better results from my exercise program and I feel better, more energy and I sleep better.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I've been at it for about a year now. I've relaxed it a little in the last while but for the most part it's meat, veg, nuts, seeds, fruit with the odd black coffee thrown in. I feel/look much better than back in the pasta munching days. I'm running carbs at anywhere from 30-40% of caloric intake to support training (I tend to move around a bit so the glycogen is useful) but these carbs are strictly from fruit/veg or the odd bit of sweet potato.

There's a silly amount of very good info on this stuff, I'll edit some links in if anyone's arsed reading them.

I'm also thinking with toying with intermittent fasting at some point too see what the fuss is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I suppose you could call my usual diet a sort of relaxed version of that. I do drink coffee and tea, but mostly I eat stuff that I could catch or collect if I had to. The bulk of my food is stuff like meat, fish, eggs, lots of vegetables, nuts, seeds, berries (blackberries are huge right now), wild fruit, occasional root veg. No bread, pasta, sugar, rice, or processed food.

Gotta say, I've been eating like this for years, and my health is excellent. I used to have gallstones when I was eating low fat, but they disappeared when I started eating like this.

Advertisement