Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n78

• 21-10-2008 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭

Has anybody got this yet. Looking for a realistic review.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I used one today in a Vodafone shop. You will find mixed reviews online, mainly focusing on the keypad. I liked it, well, I didn't mind it, but I'd say go into a Vodafone shop and check it out. It seems to be a love it or hate it kinda thing.

Keypad aside, this is one of nokia's best handsets available at the minute. Has some nice features such as
    - A Navi-wheel (similar to an ipod wheel), - Worked suprisingly well flicking through menus.
    - Built in FM transmitter so you can listen to your music through a radio,
    - Geo-tagging for photographs using the onboard GPS, etc.
    and a lot more....

This isn't far off the N95/N96 feature set, only lacking in onboard memory (although 16Gb cards available soon) but i'd prefer this because it isn't a slider.

Some people might think I'm crazy but I'm 'upgrading' my N95 8Gb for one of these soon.

Have a look at CNet's review here. I've always found their reviews quite reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Just on a side point, 16gb memory cards are already available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭kirving

Excellent phone so it is! The buttons are in fact grand to use one you used to them, althou I did find myself pressing the plastic just above the right selection key with my thumb.

It's a little bit big but there are tonnes of features, dual speakers, good camera, gps, good battery all take up space.

Other than a few little things I cant rally fault it, I'd buy it again(mistakenly got Asian version before - no warranty or FM transmitter) if i wasnt waithing to get a look at the N85 or N96. Hopefully I can get one of those at a good price, if I cant in the next few weeks its back to the N78!

Advertisement