Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Primera - Engine part broken, identify?

Options
  • 21-10-2008 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

lads, heard a knocking noise on my way to work - opened her up and saw this metal section broken at the end of a black hose. I wouldnt be the most mech minded in the world, I assume I should be ok to drive on home etc, any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Aircon pipe? Maybe not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭blackbox

First and third pictures look like air-con hoses. Others not so clear.

If air-con pipe has fractured you will have already lost your gas, so no further harm as long as you turn off air-con.

Just make sure the hose is tied up so that it can't cause damage by getting caught in anything else on your way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

As with Black box would be pretty sure its an A/C pipe.Your car does have A/C doesnt it? (Well not anymore)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 corkonian0110

thanks lads, one of the fellas at work suspects its aircon hose as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭blackbox

...and if you are planning to get it repaired, get it done fairly soon (next few weeks).

If you leave air-con unused for too long, various seals can dry out and perish resulting in major costs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement