Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT Snitch Line: Warning Contains sour grapes

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Can you tell me where under the finance act that it gives Customs the power to stop you.

As far as I'm aware they need the Gardas to stop you and they do the rest..
    so yeah..if you just see customs and no gardas and they tell you to stop...don't. :D

All they have to do is follow you home and arrange for the car to be lifted. They don't need a warrant, they can go into your drive way and take the car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Lumen wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet my life on it. The 185 days is one test for residency, and applies to total number of days in one tax year (rather than continuous presence) IIRC.

I imagine the Revenue/Customs use the "if it walks like a duck" test on that one.

Actually he's 100% correct and it comes from the rules of free movement within the EU. You have 6 months before you have to register your vehicle in that country, it would be ridiculous otherwise, you either show up on a short term contract and are out of pocket for NCT, Registration, Tax etc and then you have to go through the process again, it would make no sense at all.

Or indeed if you decide after a month you hate it and want to move back.

No .. 100% true, its just slightly different in ireland as you do not register with the local city all and declare you "Primary residence" like you do in other European countries.

And i know this because i've done the opposite with an Irish reg in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

So Fl00byMcN00b (OP) - did you shop him or not ?

Advertisement