Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

its all Levy & Co....

Options
  • 21-10-2008 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

everyone says that Juande Ramos should go

But my take on things is.......

I think Levy & Co. should go to before Juande Ramos because there the ones pulling the purse strings and saying who goes in the transfer market or not....

now i reckon they should be on the brink before Juande Ramos now (please pull me up on this if im wrong) but before he took over at Sevilla they weren't anywhere near championship contenders then he took over got the money nd brought the players now look they've cups and trouphys and medals

my point is levy & Co shoul either cop on n do something BIG in the next transfer window or leave!!!!!!!!!!!

Juande Ramos is a good manager as was Matin Jol just one has the players and the money the other doesnt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I believe that Ramos is a good manager. He had good (some great) players in Seville and turned them into a team capable of almost winning La Liga and winning the UEFA Cup. He has proven it over a few seasons. You don't become a bad manager overnight though I'm amazed at how much of a flop the team has been since the Carling Cup win.

Levy & Co. are to blame for a lot of the way our season (and others) has gone. Everyone knew Berbatov was off at the start of the season and instead of getting a new striker in straight away, or even with a few weeks to go, he haggled over a few million quid and took Campbell as a make weight. That gamble could have cost him life in the Premiership as we cannot score goals, or at least goals that we mean to score. How many of our goals this season have not been the result of a lucky bounce/deflection, or a lucky offside call, or both as in the Stoke game! If we had a decent striker to lead our attack, at least we might be able to score a few goals and keep our heads above water. Having said that, why Ramos perseveres with Jenas as captain, I'll never understand. I feel that he's perhaps trying too hard to make things right, and it's backfiring.

As it stands, I reckon that if we don't score 6 points or more over the next 5 games, we're gone, as we'll be too far behind everyone else. And the club will be to blame for its own demise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Stories in todays papers that Comolli is on his bike next week... I think this is the right move, hopefully they abandon this director of football nonsense now, or at least get someone competent in the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

ramos has proven his ability in la liga and uefa sevilla were brilliant to watch when he was there a top quality outfit,just not sure with the position this team is in now if ramos is the man to dig out survival.
    Correct me if im wrong but i beleive this is new territory for ramos.
    Is he the right man to steer spurs out of this mess.
    As mentioned by others some of his starting elevens may as well have come out of a hat.
    On the games i have watched this season the answer is no .in his defence he has been dealth a hand by levy & co that any manager would struggle with but there is no more time for reasons or excuses,its time for levy to earn his money now and save this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

What a disaster.Blame all round.When I read the stories coming from sources at Wigan and Reading on the last transfer day that we were desperately trying to buy Heskey or Doyle,I finally realised that these guys (Levy/Comolli/Ramos) hadn't a clue.I had naively given them the benefit of the doubt in selling two players who didn't want to be here but the way in which they have done it is shambolic.Of course players pick up on whats happening at the highest level.

We desperately need an all-out LM and a defensive midfielder/fulcrum in January....go to 15 million+ on Van Bommel/Poulsen/Engelaar/Veleso....I think Premiership survival is worth 20 million.At least Comolli should be gone by next week and Ramos should have a free hand but worryingly has looked bewildered recently.Pavyluchenko looks like Shola Amoebi,Bentley a pale replacement for Steed,Bale and Modric will come good if Ramos can stabilise the team.Bent,Jenas and Huddlestone don't have the character for what's ahead-typical cossetted young English players.Zokora technically rubbish.We need serious investment.

We flirted with relegation in the 90s but this is different....such an absolute shambles after only 8 games it's almost funny-we are definitely going to have a lot of "neutrals" tuning in to our matches-a friend (Liverpool fan) texted me-not to slag,more in wonderment- during the Stoke match "It's like car crash football".And all so avoidable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Teddy Vedder

i wreckon we just need one or to really good players to help us out. ramos will shine if we get them

but not even alex ferguson can save spurs at the moment.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I've said all along that Levy is to blame and it's now more evident than ever.

The DOF system can only work if you have an exceptional individual performing the role. We had that in Frank Arnesen but as we know that was short lived. Following his departure we should have consolidated and resorted to the safe proven method (coach/managerial responsibility). Seems the board thought they could run before walking when it came to this system.

I do not doubt Levy's business acuments however thats all fine and well when your one of the top four with a consistently successfull team but in our case we need someone with a business brain but also a heart. Some passion and genuine fanatiscism would'nt go amiss. A desire for on-pitch success along with profit.

The only one saving grace if we do go down is that the shareholders will probably put a no confidence motion to the board, which will probably see Levy emptying his desk and fcuk off. Lets hope that whoever the new head honcho is, he has bigger balls than that weed.

Advertisement