Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes 3x06: "Dying of the Light" **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Good
    Sure they are all idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Bad
    musician wrote: »
    Sylar needs to look at a brain.
    Pa Petrelli needs to touch someone.
    Peter just needs to be near them/see them use their power?

Isnt it possible that he'll get Pa Petrelli's power in the same instant Pa Petrelli takes the others from him and bang he gets them back immediately by grabbing his Da.
    It's possible but unlikely imho. It looks like Peter just lost all his powers unless we're told otherwise.

Now that papa Petrelli got Peter's powers it should mean that he's unstoppable since now he can now mimic powers like Peter and make it his own instead of just touching someone to absorb them.

I don't think the writers ever looked at how unbalancing these powers are which is why they keep on having to keep Peter out of action in a convoluted way. I also can't think of any comics have ever created characters with this kind of power with no penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Okay
    Your right leninbenjamin. The writers need a swift kick in the ass imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Meh. Adam dead is stupid as hell. Again too much Claire, **** character, **** actor, kill her!

Sylar is becoming pretty crap too, make him evil again!

Peter stupid as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

So Pa Patrelli is going to save Mohinder by removing his botched power. There's one problem solved. But he'd better watch out for the hunger. Like Peter I guess he'll have to learn what abilities he has. Time travel would essentially mean Godhood to somebody like that.

Why is it that all the good characters have turned bad and vice versa. Parkman is clearly going to go to Pinehearst to save Daphne (pretending to be bad).

It seems Peter is fated to have a scar. In season 1, Hiro commented on how he looked different without the scar before they changed the timeline. I can't see him getting one in present time, mainly due to the hassle of applying it every episode. It would seem odd for Peter to lose his empathic power completely, he would be absorbing his Dad's power as his were being sucked out. One other solution is that his Dad's ability can remove as well as give abilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Okay
    Yep, Peter is definitely a moron.

Sylar going all good and mushy sucks too - bring back the psycho!

The Puppet Master guy has been the best villain so far: creepy, interesting power, completely nuts and only interested in getting what he wants. Pity that dumb-a** cheerleader had to ruin the few good scenes with him.

Hopefully things will pick up from now on and we'll see a more cohesive story line. "Villains" is meant to wrap up with episode 13 and they've already wasted half of those episodes just setting things up rather than going anywhere...

Bad
    Sarn wrote: »
    So Pa Patrelli is going to save Mohinder by removing his botched power. There's one problem solved. But he'd better watch out for the hunger.
    He can probably suppress it.
    Like Peter I guess he'll have to learn what abilities he has. Time travel would essentially mean Godhood to somebody like that.
    The Patrelli gene will stop papa being godlike though. I mean, he could be as dumb and forgetful as Peter.
    Why is it that all the good characters have turned bad and vice versa. Parkman is clearly going to go to Pinehearst to save Daphne (pretending to be bad).
    It's the writers mandate this season. They said "it's all about villains" and the subtitle of Heroes this season is Heroes Volume 3: Villains. So the writers made all the good characters a little evil and some of the villains seem good. They're doing this no matter how unlikely and out of character it appears...which to me is stupid but I am sure all the fanboys love it.
    It would seem odd for Peter to lose his empathic power completely, he would be absorbing his Dad's power as his were being sucked out.
    Yeah but Peter was never bright enough to use the powers he absorbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Okay
    it's a good episode i say then.least plot holes of the season so far :pac:the puppet man is quite sh*tty tbh...and claire,stop wearing the low cut!!*i think i saw something near the 18X territory just the scene she finished the talk with Noah*

peter's daddy is such an a*rse btw :pac::pac::pac:poor adam.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭OpenEnded

really think the standard of the show is gonna hit new peaks

also hope sylar gets his groove back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

brilliant performance by maya this ep :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Okay
    Afrkan Myster Sock :D:D:D

after that I'm happy, my puter kept crashin so I'll have towait till its ontelly over here tosee the last 5 minutes :( only a few weks tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Good
    Sylar to the rescue I think.... He wants to control the hunger, but we all know he's going to go all "Sylar" on Pa petrelli for hurting his mammy.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Okay
    Good episode, shame Mohinder didn't die though. Treacikki could have hit him with some kind of "Ice to See You" comment. I liked the scence when Claire comes running down the stairs, jiggly.

If Mr Petrelli had just taken Adam's blood, it would have healed him, yes, but not made him invincible. For that, he had to steal his ability - like Rogue from the X-men, I guess. In the same way that Nathan isn't invincible.

Can Claire die? I mean regardless of where she gets injured. I seem to remember the scene where Sylar is playing around with Claire's brain and he says something like this.

Hiro and Ando are brilliant as the comic relief in the series. The whole scene with them sneaking on the pre-cog was pretty damned funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

at last!!!!! an episode that didn't make me cringe too much. There was some pretty cool fight scenes too.
    Adam was a good character all right, sorry to see him go.

Not sure why people are so hung up on the hug thing.... we all know what an idiot peter is :pac: :pac:
    Seriously though, isn't it quite possible (and something I kinda assumed watching it) that daddy petrelli has a power somewhat similar to Eden in season 1??? seems logical to me, especially given the control he had over people while he was in a coma. His might be based on Fear or something.

Oh and Hiro is just gone beyond annoying the fck out of me. I can't stand any scene with him in it. He was funny in season one, but it's just ridiculous now.

And on a general note..... I still say this series would have been 10 times the show if they avoided using time travel. It NEVER works.... NEVER NEVER NEVER.
    Use pre-cog all you want, but time travel brings up way too many plot holes and ruins a show. (and heroes has enough plot holes without it :rolleyes:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hiro and Ando are brilliant as the comic relief in the series. The whole scene with them sneaking on the pre-cog was pretty damned funny.
    Havent really like there stories so far, but this was a great Hiro/Ando story. I actually laughed at it, which is a first for this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Okay
    Claire can be killed just like Adam can be killed and Sylar and Peter can be killed. It's almost as if all of these invincible characters live in their own little bubble universes where they have their own rules. Claire will live for ever but you can always just shoot Peter in the head etc.
    There will always be someone who can do this or that or the other. Pa Patrelli or the Haitian or some 'antidote' to the superpower quandry though even that is pants on head retarded if powers are hereditary. I'm not exactly mister science but you don't just give a shot to someone to give/get rid of a genetic condition. These people should try curing cancer.

Adam dying was cock. He was one of the best characters though clearly wasn't that great since he lived for four hundred years apparently sitting on his arse. Seriously, I would have expected more productivity or involvement in historical events. Some serious knowledge of the world, some skills or changes to his character. He remained virtually unchanged from four hundred years ago in Japan. Now that is poor character development. And the writers only had to make up the changes on the spot. They didn't even have to show us, just give him a little more mystery and depth. Then again I'm mostly talking about Season Two here. Blach.

And like someone else already said Adam should have just kept on ageing from the point where his power stopped the ageing process. That was my biggest nag with this episode. It was worse becaues it happened at the start of the show so I was left with it annoying me the whole way through. I can see Sylar going nuts again and I await it eagerly, just not how it will be handled.

Some of the debating that goes on in these threads is way too intelligent for this show. I think it's great that something like it is just on. I mean it's way better than 90% of the rest of televison. Good entertainment. Or as some people say popcorn viewing. I just wish the writers would remove their heads from their arses and stop jizzing on my popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 manfist

Good
    claire isnt invinceable , that black hole guy couldv killed her , and mabey theres gona be more than one scince there another who could fly aswell , or worse,,
    and Mr Petrelli killing adam was pretty bad ,i enjoyed him , but i do think he will feture again (wether its flash backs or in the past or watever) ,
    and the next chapter is called fugitives so mabey its the good guys on the run instead of the bad guys , (altough hiro wont back down until he saves the world)
    and id say peter will get back his powers but not for a few episodes , i do enjoy him.
    the precog is also amazing 'hello pac man'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Good
    i havent bothered comenting on this myself but the solution is very simple, Hiro (or peter if he gets powers back or future peter) travels back in time, takes adam from the cofin before hiro and ando take him out, that way pa petrelli never gets his power and 1 of 2 things would happen.

1. Pa patrelli wherever he is at that time would just die (because he never took adams power)

2. (this is more likly) Pa patrelli is still in his bed and instead has hatched a plan to capture sylar,claire or peter. But if one is smart enough to stop him from getting adams power then you would be smart enough to stop him from getting any healers power

Bad
    User45701 wrote: »
    i havent bothered comenting on this myself but the solution is very simple, Hiro (or peter if he gets powers back or future peter) travels back in time, takes adam from the cofin before hiro and ando take him out, that way pa petrelli never gets his power and 1 of 2 things would happen.
    But what if papa petrelli realizes this could be the reason for his demise and so goes back in time first, take adam out and delivers adam to himself 2 days ago. Of course they've already done the "who has the upper hand" scenarios at the end of bill and ted's bogus journey and it was probably more entertaining then all the time travel stuff in Heroes. And Hiro can learn a thing or two from those 2 slackers, that is, he needs to go somewhere, master his power, come back to the present like he never left just like how bill and ted learned how to play before the battle of the bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

lol, the last few posts just go to prove my point why Time Travel shouldn't be entertained in a show. Ends up with ridiculousness beyond comprehension.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Okay
    Wasn't a bad episode at all... Still finding it hard to see where this season is going. Its all over the shop.

Anyone else have the Ando thing spoilt by the Xbox media streamer thumbnail? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

I'd rather watch a saucy puppet show!
    Wow really thought that heroes has lost its way, just watched the last 2 episodes back to back & the amount of plot holes are ridiculus

Id prefer to be watching claire & fly boy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

madrab wrote: »
    Id prefer to be watching claire & fly boy

:eek: You take that back. Losing the Dawson's Creek angle is the only thing keeping me going (please let the accident prone Claire have her ability stolen).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bad
    I thought it was an alright episode, not great but not bad. Peter's father seems like an interesting villain so I'm hopeful about his involvement.

I personally thought Adam sucked donkey balls so I don't give a toss that he's out of the show but I do think they could have done it in a better way, seeing as they devoted so much time to him last season.

The Parkman stuff does my head in. I really can't stand that guy. I did however enjoy the bits with Hiro and Ando.

"They all look the same to me."

"That's racist."

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

The Don wrote: »
    Peter, Sylar and their father all have a similiar power. The ability to learn/take others powers. Does this mean that the power you get is genetic? Mohinder is going to get his hands on the formula either from the company's formula or from perfecting it himself. When he does Peter will be given/take the injection. So if genetics does play a part in deciding your power he should have the exact power he started out with, the ability to learn others powers.
    Not quite, remember Nikki and Tracy seem to be identical twins yet their powers are different.
    Inhereted natural gene = derived of your parents powers
    while
    unnatural = random, and those decended from you are also random
    seems to be the way of things.
    Nikki's kid's power had nothing to do with either parents' & Claire's power had nothing to do with either parents' (is her mum also an unnatural? But then just as Parkman's mum was normal whereas his dad was not and he inhereted his dad's powers, whereas Nathan didn't inheret any powers, clearly there is some of the usual dominant & recessive type stuff at play, or just writers failing to set and follow rules:rolleyes:).

Which brings up the question of whether Elle was a natural or artificially augmented, since her power doesn't seem to be related to her father's?

ziedth wrote: »
    I think yee or the writers are missing a plot hole with Peter getting his powers back, I think they cant be the exact same powers as before becasue he has the scar in the future and gets killed by simply being shot.
    Though the fact that he can make it disappear/reappear at will means it may not be real at all but merely an illusionary affectation in memory of some major event (or more likely because the writers had to allow for stupid people unable to descern which Peter was which unless there was a facial scar).

musician wrote: »
    Sylar needs to look at a brain.
    Pa Petrelli needs to touch someone.
    Peter just needs to be near them/see them use their power?

Isnt it possible that he'll get Pa Petrelli's power in the same instant Pa Petrelli takes the others from him and bang he gets them back immediately by grabbing his Da.

Indeed, is a bit of a circular conundrum when you consider that even without learning how to access a power his subconscious has shown a knack of whipping them out when absolutely needed (e.g. after falling off the school roof), even Claude explained it this way... So why doesn't his mind react as soon as his dad started trying to drain the powers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Good
    farohar wrote: »

Which brings up the question of whether Elle was a natural or artificially augmented, since her power doesn't seem to be related to her father's?

I was thinking about that...

we know nothing of her mother. I would say that she is his doughter because noah never told her that she wasent his doughter which he would have done in season 2 to try to drive a wedge between them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Okay
    Finally Heroes picks up in form. Hiro wasn't annoying. Mohinder still was a bit but not too much. And finally we have the master villain arise. More like this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Claire cant die as long as she has her ability

If Arthur took it now [although theres no point], THEN she'd be normal and just age normally

And if the black hole guy used his ability on her she'd prob just disappear forever, no telling what would happen to her or where she'd go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads

im watching the series on channel 6

and since Arthur took peters power does that mean he has the hunger now

and wont beable to control himself

Advertisement