Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of social clubs are there in UCD?

Options
  • 21-10-2008 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

This may be a dumb question. It would be over here in Croatia: it is unheard of a university to have social clubs. Do Irish Universities, more importantly UCD, have social clubs?

And what kinds of social clubs are there? Are there a lot of them? And is there anything related to anime or computers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Yeh,

theres a huge pile of them

http://www.ucd.ie/socs.htm

Aloada sports clubs aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 _raven_

Thanks for the response. Would anyone happen to know if martial arts are included in those sport club? If so, would there be boxing or Muay Thai?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

As far as I know there is both boxing and Muay Thai in UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 _raven_

Thanks, I guess that's it. If only there was also some kind of an anime club... That said, I guess I'll meet plenty of people into them.

Thanks again, and cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The Sci-Fi and Fantasy Society does some anime stuff, as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

_raven_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. Would anyone happen to know if martial arts are included in those sport club? If so, would there be boxing or Muay Thai?
    Yeah karate, aikido ,tae kwon do , boxing, kick boxing,jui jitzu

I like aikido and karate myself and next year I will hopefully have time to do jui jitzu
    Thanks, I guess that's it. If only there was also some kind of an anime club... That said, I guess I'll meet plenty of people into them.

Thanks again, and cheers.
    The Sci-Fi and Fantasy Society does some anime stuff, as far as I know.
    Sci-Fi does anime every week I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

If only there was also some kind of an anime club...
    As said above sci-fi soc, but they don't have anime every week if you tell them you like anime they will show some anime films, now that is this year so next year might be different with more anime

Advertisement