Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Pigeon requirements

Options
  • 21-10-2008 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi Guys,

looking for info on what I would need from a legal stand point or from an insurance point to charge a fee to a few lads to shoot clay pigeons on my land,

someone suggested i might need to register a club of some sort i'm just not sure,

they would shoot once or twice a week and there are no houses in the area.

any info greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Let them pay rent for the land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 pajo65

and if theres an accident who foots the bill.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

pajo65 wrote: »
    and if theres an accident who foots the bill.......

If they are members of a gun club already and affialated to the NARGC
    they can apply to them for insurance that will cover them for public shoots.
    It only €13 or so to cover them for the day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

pajo65 wrote: »
    they would shoot once or twice a week and there are no houses in the area.

You obviously got on ok with the neighbours:) or maybe they all want to come and shoot now that you asked them about the noise?

yeh that worked out just fine, we had a good bit of craic and it was just behind my house,thanks for all the advice,

what I was thinking about now is a seperate piece of land away from houses and roads and set up a few traps (which i already have) and charge lads to shoot, most of the guys around here don't belong to clubs and probably wouldn't bother with any kind of insurance if it was left to them.

we had a great interest in something like this when we shot at the house so I was thinking about something more permanent and set up better.

P

• Advertisement

Now you're getting into a different ball game. If you are setting up something permanent you're looking at planning and all that entails. Also if you are going to charge members of the public a fee to shoot then you do have the question of liability and insurance. You'd want to tread carefully!

If it's just going to be an informal gathering on your own land, then don't "charge" per line - get a "contribution" towards the purchase of the clays and give the shooting of them "free". In that way you are not a commercial operation - just a few mates getting together to shoot a few clays privately.

Thanks a million Pullandbang, very sound advice and very much appreciated,

might get you up some time and not charge you to shoot some clays.

P

Look forward to it:)

Have to wait until after January though - real live ones to be shot soon so the trap gun will be mothballed.........

Advertisement