Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic lights in Doughiska

Options
  • 21-10-2008 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

Is anyone else getting annoyed with the people who drive through the traffic lights that are on Doughiska Road while the roadworks are going on? When the lights go red, some cars will pull out from 2-3 cars back, and go through the lights. This then results in the line of cars at the other end being delayed in getting through their green light. That line of cars then gets pissed off, so the same thing happens on that side.

This happened yesterday when I was coming home from work, and there were so many cars coming against me, that by the time they were gone, the lights had gone back to red again!! Some people have no consideration! So, if someone pulls out of your line and runs the red light, they're actually going to delay you - not the cars on the other side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've seen this mentioned on the Motors board. They are inconsiderate/illegal ****.
    A couple of guys with obvious video cameras should sort it. Or a couple Garda hiding in the bushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

This happens with people on the headford roundabout aswell. Especially coming from Terryland. Their light has gone red and a few seconds later yours goes green and they still keep coming.

I beeped at some idiot who did it one day and she looked sideways out the window with a big innocent face on her. Grrrr. Stop at the red light and wait for your feckin turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I've said it before, folk turn into bigger assholes as soon as they get into their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i break the light when im driving home at 11pm because there is no way im waiting on an empty road for 3 minutes for that light.

but ill happily wait during the day.

cant wait till they finish the freaking road. all i can say is they better fix the corner at dunnes while they are doing the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This morning at 9.15 waiting in the gridlock outside Terryland church heading towards town I see a car overtaking everyone else (15-20 cars), driving on the right turn lanes without turning off and then going through on the wrong side of a traffic island forcing an oncoming lorry to break. Finally squeezing back into the queue, never even had the indicator on.

Car make? BMW.

• Advertisement

Was driving to Mayo through Claregalway waiting in the long line while many cars decided to go on the inside bus/taxi lane and undertake us all.

Some plank at the top then must have let them in as there was no sign of them 10 or 15mins later when I actually arrived at the junction.

AFAIK this happens all the time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Never let a w*nker in I say. Never. Even if he tries to nudge you, hold out and stare at them. You'd stare at them if they tried it in a post office queue wouldn't you?

Ultimately people have to realise - there is no 'right to drive'! There are people out there who should never be let near a car.

Everyone's journey these days seems to be the most important journey in Ireland at the time.

More policing needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Was driving to Mayo through Claregalway waiting in the long line while many cars decided to go on the inside bus/taxi lane and undertake us all.

Some plank at the top then must have let them in as there was no sign of them 10 or 15mins later when I actually arrived at the junction.

AFAIK this happens all the time now.

I go thru' Claregalway every evening and tbh I've seen it probably 2 or 3 times only. I was expecting to see a whole lot more of it.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    I go thru' Claregalway every evening and tbh I've seen it probably 2 or 3 times only. I was expecting to see a whole lot more of it.

Glad to hear it. The evening I was there - at least three cars did it. I was talking to 2 mates a few days later and they said they experienced the exact same thing at different times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭mandysmithers

Why, oh why do people let other drivers in front of them when they do that???? Whenever I see someone undertaking a line of cars and heading to the top of the queue it just makes my blood boil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

There is a facebook group dedicated to those kind of people:

I hate Queue Skippers who use the Inside Lane on the Dock Road, Galway.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

As a cyclist who uses the road on a daily basis, the WORST place in Galway for cars breaking red lights is at the lights just over the quincentennial bridge going towards Rahoon.

The lights could be red and 3 or 4 cars will still drive though. I walk out in front of these cars and force them to stop and then point to the pedestrian lights being green!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

topper75 wrote: »
    More policing needed.

Policing needed.

To say "more" implies that some is happening now, which I seriously doubt.

I'm sure that the revenue earned from a few red-light cameras would more than pay for the cost of 'em. Or has Ireland not yet got the legislation to make the registered owner responsible for everything that happens in the car.

Theres a fella that does be around here that paid to pay out to someone he crashed into on a roundabout in Galway.

Somebody was on the inside lane and rather than taking the left off the roundabout continued on cutting him off completly exiting on the right lane. He hit her and he had to pay. What kind of carry on is that?

It's policing plus some.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It's the idiots that furking well decided to put a stop go system in one of Galways worst morning traffic blackspots in the first place that are the problem. At least remove it between 8 and 9 and 5:30 to 6:30 to stop people going insane waiting in their cars while other douches pull in in front of you, run red lights, drive down the path, any kind of ridiculous things like I have seen since this stop go has been put in place. And the poor people pulling out of the centra never know if they are allowed to go or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Copy this system. Will solve all of Galways traffic problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD5YnjKdcao&feature=related

Advertisement