Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FTO halogen headlamp

Options
  • 21-10-2008 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

One of the halogen headlamps on my fto is after blowing. Incidentally it went a lovely shade of pink for a while, before giving out altogether :pac: and a friend told me the headlight has to come out to replace bulb, does anyone know if this is a big operation? will it cost much? Also, these particular lights are really bright and blue looking, i get the feeling the €8 bulb i bought to replace the blown bulb wont match up. suppose i won't know until the bulb comes out. Just wondering if anyone had any advice I guess! She's my baby :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Headlight unit doesn't need to come out, the bulb type you need(presuming you don't have HID's) is
    9006/HB4 for the dipped beam (also fits Lexus GS300)or 9005/HB3 for the full beam. (also fits Ford Puma; Audi A8; Lexus GS300)
    Don't be tempted to go for 100W bulbs as they could burn out your wiring

There is a chance your one came with factory HIDs, (does the bulb flicker slightly and get brighter after you turn it on? Is HID written on the headlight unit?) in which case you're gonna need these:
    http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m3b0s110p1333
    1333-1176-main-fto-hid-11.jpg

Thought you'd sold up a few months ago :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 5803emma

Jaysus there's no flies on you!!! :pac: Ah I couldn't do it in the end. Got a job that paid better and decided to hang on to her. In the process of makin her even more beautiful if that's possible :D You were dead right, the headlight unit didn't need to come out. However, the bulb was an Osram Xenarc HID, got one for forty on ebay plus p&p, happy as a pig in ****e :rolleyes: thanks for the reply hun

Advertisement