Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backboiler stove plumbing help

Options
  • 21-10-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

Newbie to the DIY area.

Hello.

anyway, have had a stove with backboiler sitting in my hallway unused for 2 years. Just got a chap in to give a quote to fit it to the kitchen and the quote came in at €3500.

This includes a 3 coil 300L cyliner. (Later I intend to get solar heaters).

This quote seem anywhere around close to what it should be?

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Depends on how far stove is from cylinder? does the chimney need to be lined? does price include VAT? will installer sort out electrics? Is the cylinder coppper or stainless steel?

As you can see there are alot of varibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Depends on how far stove is from cylinder?
    20 ft
    does the chimney need to be lined?
    Dont know or understand. Is a newbuild.
    does price include VAT?
    Price was 'all in'.
    will installer sort out electrics?
    Imagine so, quote was 'all-in'.
    Is the cylinder coppper or stainless steel?
    Hopefully the cheapest of the two.

Ta for your help Micky.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

lenght of 1" copper €32 inc for 18 feet. 1" elbows about €4 each. pump €60, valves €8. No need to line chimney. probably copper cylinder, no more than €600. Thermostat €20 etc etc VAT at 13.5%, it all adds up. to be honest my gut is telling me you could get it cheaper. How many quotes have you gotten?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

lenght of 1" copper €32 inc for 18 feet. 1" elbows about €4 each. pump €60, valves €8. No need to line chimney. probably copper cylinder, no more than €600. Thermostat €20 etc etc VAT at 13.5%, it all adds up. to be honest my gut is telling me you could get it cheaper. How many quotes have you gotten?

just 1, quote 2 was a no show.

Micky, cheers bud, will update with quote 2 later.

Advertisement