Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Absorb dampness from Car seats

Options
  • 21-10-2008 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Anybody know of anything i can buy to absorb dampness from car seats and carpet?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

A trick our valetors showed me was to leave all the windows down about half a inch (just a bit) and leave the car running with all the heaters on full blast. It's cost you petrol/diesel wise, but it works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Leave the a/c on too. Other than that, you could rent a dehumidifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A trick our valetors showed me was to leave all the windows down about half a inch (just a bit) and leave the car running with all the heaters on full blast. It's cost you petrol/diesel wise, but it works a treat.

+1

That's what I've done in the past - it does work. Turn on the A/C too if it's fitted as the air from A/C tends to be drier and will help absorb more mositure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

+1, but also make sure you leave it to cool back down again.

Picked up an Alfa GT from our valeters recently, must have been running with the heater full blast for at least 3 hours - damn near burnt my hand on the seatbelt the interior was so hot :eek:

R.O.R wrote: »
    +1, but also make sure you leave it to cool back down again.

Picked up an Alfa GT from our valeters recently, must have been running with the heater full blast for at least 3 hours - damn near burnt my hand on the seatbelt the interior was so hot :eek:

Lol, burn your pocket too on the petrol they waste:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

How long do you leave the air con running? 5 mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

As long as the engine's running - depending on how damp the seats are, i'd guess maybe an hour?

Lads generally leave it on for an hour or two. As said above depending on how wet.

Advertisement