Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] R4 for Nintendo DS

• 21-10-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a cheap site that bundles the R4 with memory and ships to Ireland ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I bought a Firecard recently from VolumeRate.com with a 2GB card built in, seems to be every bit as good as an R4 card without the chance of losing the MicroSD card.

I also got an email last week from justmedia.ie saying they are now stocking the R4 cards also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭RedXIV

consoleup.com are where i get them from, no problems with them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I find it cheaper to buy the memory separetly. I also use volumerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

RedXIV wrote: »
    consoleup.com are where i get them from, no problems with them yet

Went with consoleup, r4 + 2G memory, €43 delivered (€8p+p).

Cheers mate !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Or you could have gone for the R4 from focalprice ($14.90 delivered)

http://www.focalprice.com/DS_R4_Cartridge_Revolution_for_Nitendo_NDS_Lite_R4_GN063X_392.html

and then got a 4gb micro sd card from thehut for £7.93

http://www.thehut.com/hut/9962452.product.

Works out at about 21.50 euro for the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

lindtee wrote: »

http://www.focalprice.com/DS_R4_Cartridge_Revolution_for_Nitendo_NDS_Lite_R4_GN063X_392.html

I dont think the R4 works with 4gig cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I dont think the R4 works with 4gig cards?

Ah feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

lindtee wrote: »

Where were you an hour ago ? :D , all the one really, i aint paying for it....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I ordered a DSTT and a 8GB kingston class 4 microsd card.

€29 for the pair delivered from dealextreme

There is a fake R4 doing the rounds that does the SDHC cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

The R4DS-Advance are the ones to watch out for, or at least they were.

Ordered 10 R4DS-A cards from VolumeRate (DealExtreme) and none of them worked. Every one of them wiped the microSD cards after a few uses.

After two months I eventually got them to exchange them but instead of the DSTT cards I asked for I got sent 10 more R4DS-A.

Anyway, with the latest (v1.2) firmware, I tried two of the cards last night with both 1Gb & 2Gb memory cards.

Everything seems stable and I'm not getting the microSD wiping I got before.

Focalprice.com, who I plan to try soon, have DSTT cards with free delivery for $12.60 and various others at good prices.

http://www.focalprice.com/DSTT_Cartridge_Card_for_NDS_NDSL_DS_Lite_GN061X_399.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

rubadub wrote: »
    I ordered a DSTT and a 8GB kingston class 4 microsd card.

€29 for the pair delivered from dealextreme

Got one of these with a 2GB card from dealextreme for €13.50... Works like a dream, I couldn't be happier with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭srfc1928

tman wrote: »
    Got one of these with a 2GB card from dealextreme for €13.50... Works like a dream, I couldn't be happier with it:)

is that this one??

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10403

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Sorry about digging this up.. bought an r4 off focalprice there and just gotten round to it.. it seems to be a FAKE but have got it working an all that banter anyways..

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

how can you tell its a fake? I've got one from focalprice which works fine and another on the way. focalprice was originally referred by dealextreme who have always been fine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

because word has it R4's are not made anymore and all the ones on the market are clones, but they still work, this discussion belongs on the modding forum

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yes they're not being made anymore, and all the fake things come from china. which has "made in china" on the back. and also if you peel your hologram back you can see the two microchips.
    don't get me wrong, go to the website on the box and use there software(you will notice its not the orgional r4 website) works anyway and a good price.
    I couldn't get mine to work for a while and started googling it etc.
    problem was that tha micro sd card was not formatted to a FAT 32

I had problems originally with R4 'Advance' cards. Latest firmware seems to be working though.

Personally, I would buy genuine DSTT cards from DealExtreme. Prices are dropping by the day and they will take high capacity cards.

Currently under $7 including free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Hi There,

I ordered an R4 from console up last friday, and according to their site it hasn't been shipped yet. I did a google search on them, and found that they have a lot of bad comments about last christmas and before.

Has anybody ordered from them in the last month or so, and was there any problems? Did dispatch and delivery take forever?

I hope i didn't waste my 33 euro!

Thanks,
    Ken.

fdevine wrote: »
    Currently under $7 including free delivery.
    $6.50 for the other brand. $6.99 including the card reader.

€33?? Crazy

It is pretty much accepted now that the R4, even if it's a genuine card you're getting, is obsolete.

The original R4 team no longer make the cards and AFAIK will not be updating the firmware again.

Do yourself a favour and buy a DSTT from DealExtreme and an 8Gb microSD from mymemoy.co.uk.

You could pay for EMS delivery with DX and get it (DSTT only) for c. €20 or wait the 10-14 days for standard registered post and pay around €5 for it.

8Gb microSD on mymemory is £12.99 including delivery which is about the same price as a 4Gb on memoryc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Would this be what I am looking for then ? going by your post above .

And I would be looking to try and get it here before Christmas so therefore I assume that EMS is the way to go ? $28 for card shipping and tracking ? ... sorry for all the questions , new to this NDS and Buying from abroad lark .

Hi jonski

That link is exactly what you're after, unless you already have a card reader.

To be 100% guaranteed delivery perhaps go with the EMS.

I have placed around 20 orders in the last couple of months and nothing took longer than 10-14 days, provided it's in stock.

I generally only order up to 2Gb cards from DX. The 8Gb microSD offer (40%off) from mymemory is by far the cheapest at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭david2002

Don't use Consoleup.com. I'm waiting for my order to be dispatched for a week now. Just read the reviews all over the internet. Robbers by all accounts.:eek:

Hi jonski

I have placed around 20 orders in the last couple of months and nothing took longer than 10-14 days, provided it's in stock.

I generally only order up to 2Gb cards from DX. The 8Gb microSD offer (40%off) from mymemory is by far the cheapest at the moment.

Ordered both the DSTT from Dealextreme and the micro sd from mymemory on 12th , the mocro sd is already here and the r4 is on route to customer from an post in Dublin , so happy days , all will be right for christmas morning :) . Just need to get something for the wife now , anyone know of a place with a good stock of Marigold gloves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭david2002

:):):)The R4 card arrived from Consoleup . . . . but only after i raised a dispute with PayPal.
    :):)

DSTT card arrived this morning , all sorted :)

Worth checking if it's a genuine card jonski

Quite a few I've gotten from DX recently refuse to work.

If you are unlucky enough to have a fake DX will replace it.

Do not buy the ones in boxes, i.e. the ones that come with a card reader as standard, they are fakes. But they still work with V1.15 or below. V1.16 will break them. One of mine broke on V1.16, the rest got 1.15 and are fine.

Have a read here
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055418474&page=2

I would download 1.15 here http://www.pspmyspace.com/techstuffs/dstt/ I am guessing they might load the fake killer onto 1.15 on their own site.

After reading what Rubadub posted it is not looking too good , mine came in a cardboard box and is the one with the card reader . It also seems to be glued closed and has the curve on one side and the straight edge on the other :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nightswimr

jonski wrote: »
    After reading what Rubadub posted it is not looking too good , mine came in a cardboard box and is the one with the card reader . It also seems to be glued closed and has the curve on one side and the straight edge on the other :(
    Hey jonski, did the card work? I am waiting for a DSTT from DX at the moment, not for Xmas, just a spare, but can do without all the hassle of returning it.
    Also, as we are in the bargains forum, which SD card did you buy and what was the cost?
    ta, NS

Advertisement