Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] R4 for Nintendo DS

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

nightswimr wrote: »
    Hey jonski, did the card work? I am waiting for a DSTT from DX at the moment, not for Xmas, just a spare, but can do without all the hassle of returning it.
    Also, as we are in the bargains forum, which SD card did you buy and what was the cost?
    ta, NS

I can't check the card as it is a christmas present so all will be revealed tomorrow ... but even if it doesn't work , I e-mailed Dealextreme yesterday and got a reply this morning saying that they would send me out a replacement ... no mention of me having to post back the original .

as for the cheapest micro sd check out this reply from further back in the thread
    fdevine wrote: »

I generally only order up to 2Gb cards from DX. The 8Gb microSD offer (40%off) from mymemory is by far the cheapest at the moment.

nightswimr wrote: »
    Hey jonski, did the card work? I am waiting for a DSTT from DX at the moment, not for Xmas, just a spare, but can do without all the hassle of returning it.
    Also, as we are in the bargains forum, which SD card did you buy and what was the cost?
    ta, NS

Card works perfect using the 1.15 firmware ....and DX is sending me on a replacement aswell ....... merry xmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

ok what is an r4 ?
    Can u download games from the net and put it on the ds then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nightswimr

jonski wrote: »
    Card works perfect using the 1.15 firmware ....and DX is sending me on a replacement aswell ....... merry xmas :)
    Well done on both counts, and a Happy New Year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just to chip in, once you've bought the DSTT, R4 etc.. be careful purchasing extras like MicroSD and Sony PSP formats from DX, a lot of fakes out there that will not work, not just that they're fake, but they will not work, full stop. The cards register as being the right size when inserted into a PC, but that's about it. Slow speed, inability to use space displayed, inability to transfer large files.

DX is great otherwise. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nightswimr

Pangea wrote: »
    ok what is an r4 ?
    Can u download games from the net and put it on the ds then?

Yes, in short. Check out Console Modding forum or have a look at youtube videos to get an idea of how they work - then come back to bargain alerts when you find them cheap!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭shazba

Saw these sites:

www.ndscardshop.com
    and also on ebay.ie:R4 Cartridge + 2gig stick FREE P&P (150318335802) €25 inc. p&p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RonTheDong

The R4DS-Advance are the ones to watch out for, or at least they were.

Ordered 10 R4DS-A cards from VolumeRate (DealExtreme) and none of them worked. Every one of them wiped the microSD cards after a few uses.

After two months I eventually got them to exchange them but instead of the DSTT cards I asked for I got sent 10 more R4DS-A.

Anyway, with the latest (v1.2) firmware, I tried two of the cards last night with both 1Gb & 2Gb memory cards.

Everything seems stable and I'm not getting the microSD wiping I got before.

Hello, do you have those files? I have tried approx. one million files now, and no-one works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭oconn

a group of us in work got approx 30 from this crowd ..all work about $15 euros inc 3 g card...plug and play away

http://www.ishopvideogame.com/r4-ds-revolution-r4ds-microsdtf-slot1-solution-adapter-p-190.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,306 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Got the supercard a month ago. Haven't had any problems
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5097

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RonTheDong

Does anyone have some files for these cards, have tried from the site that were supposed to have the correct one, but keeps wiping out the files..

I have a R4DS-A with a 4GB SDHC, and I thought I saw someone had managed this with that, or did I just missread..?

jonski wrote: »
    I e-mailed Dealextreme yesterday and got a reply this morning saying that they would send me out a replacement ... no mention of me having to post back the original .

The story didn't end there , I received the replacement card yesterday but guess what ? , it was still the one in the cardboard box , not the newer type in the plastic . So ... I raised another ticket with dealextreme explaining that I had expected to get the newer type card that they recommend on their own site . I got another e-mail this morning saying that I new order had been put in place for the newer type card and I could hold onto the old one .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I had one fake break with V1.16 I got a few others and one person has trouble with a fake on V1.15, I think it might be their microSD card though.

After hearing what you said I am going to email them, I thought I would have to send them back and didnt want the hassle.

The broken ones can be repaired though, I fixed one but it gives some trouble on a few games. Guide here
    http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.15613~threadid.236310

Cheapest quality genuine cards are on www.mymemory.co.uk 1x8GB for £11.99 or 2x8GB for £21, including delivery

I got more cards today, they show as genuine on the NDSTT site.

it was this one I ordered.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15613

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

they are the ones i ordered as well but mine were clearly fake when opened. same SKU you linked to, but look different internally.

i would say at least 25% of them have failed. will be trying the fix you gave earlier on them.

DX are now listing 'genuine' genuine DSTTs for $15 plus.......

UPDATE: Tried that fix on 3 dead clones last night. Worked a treat. Thanks

they are the ones i ordered as well but mine were clearly fake when opened. same SKU you linked to, but look different internally.
    I got ones before on that SKU too and they were fakes, but "good fakes". i.e. on the CNDSTT site the ones I got previously appeared as genuine. NDSTT's site say CNDSTT's are fakes, and vice versa.

The once I got yesterday are real according to the NDSTT site.

The fakes I had which broke on V1.16 were neither CNDSTT nor NDSTT, they were glued shut to stop you checking.
    DX are now listing 'genuine' genuine DSTTs for $15 plus.......
    I think you are talking about the DSTTi
    which is for the new DSi which is not out here yet.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18944

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Didn't spot the "DSi" bit.

The cards I got were good fakes/clones too; in the newer type blister packs and not glued shut. They actually look very like the older version of the DSTT.

As for who to believe, I guess we should take all that is said with a pinch or more of salt, what with all the various R4 and TT variations.

Anyway, once they work I don't really care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭shazba

Was looking at donedeal.ie - Seem to be good value on R4 with 2gb x 10 for 15 euros each ! Accepts paypal which should be handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Anybody know of any shops in Dublin city center that sell r4 cards?

Advertisement