Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marine Set up - LIVE ROCK Q

Options
  • 21-10-2008 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi folks,

Whats the average acceptable amount of live rock for a 120 litre marine tank? I'm hoping to be ready for it sometime after this weekend. Also, roughly what is the average cost per kilo?

thanks,
    Gunter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

Hi folks,

Whats the average acceptable amount of live rock for a 120 litre marine tank? I'm hoping to be ready for it sometime after this weekend. Also, roughly what is the average cost per kilo?

thanks,
    Gunter

I've managed to fit about 22Kgs into my 120 litre marine. Cost was in or around €20 per kilo out at aquatic village in Brittas.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Personally I would go for about 15kgs but stack it on top of a heap of normal porous rock like Lava Rock or the likes that you can get for about €6- a kilo. The Liverock will eventually colonise the porous rock in time.

Works if you are on a budget as long as you stock lightly from the start.

Advertisement