Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

losing internet

Options
  • 21-10-2008 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I am constantly dropping internet connection both when working at pc and especially when it is left idle for a few mins. I am on vista with a standard eircom 2247nwg router and my computer is free of spyware etc according to my many checks.

I can see the ssids of computers nearby when connecting to internet. Could they be interfering with my connection? Sometimes I get the message 'acquiring ip address' or limited connection before it connects properly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

im having the exact same problem and cant figure it out its so frustrating !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I have exactly the same problem on BT. Are you on wireless? - sounds like it if you are seeing other routers. Try connecting via cable to see if that fixes the problem. Then try Eircom and ask them to monitor the connection - they will probably tell you the connection to the router doesnt drop.

In my case cable connection was stable, so I'm going to try a new USB wireless adapter..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I am constantly dropping internet connection both when working at pc and especially when it is left idle for a few mins. I am on vista with a standard eircom 2247nwg router and my computer is free of spyware etc according to my many checks.

I can see the ssids of computers nearby when connecting to internet. Could they be interfering with my connection? Sometimes I get the message 'acquiring ip address' or limited connection before it connects properly

You're using wireless I take it? If so, then all Eircom routers are on channel 7 by default. You should change channel to either 1 or 12 to avoid interference from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Spear wrote: »
    You're using wireless I take it?
    Yes
    If so, then all Eircom routers are on channel 7 by default. You should change channel to either 1 or 12 to avoid interference from them.
    Sure that won't cause me any problems?

homer911 wrote: »
    Are you on wireless? - sounds like it if you are seeing other routers. Try connecting via cable
    On wireless can't cable as router is downstairs and computers upstairs, don't have a long cable

• Advertisement

yaa i fixed it !!!!!!!!!!

i disabled the intel pro wireless thing and then enabled it and now its as good as ever ????

dont know what was going on , im just glad its back to normal !!!!!

CRAIG07 wrote: »
    i disabled the intel pro wireless thing and then enabled it
    where is that?

ok go to

1 controle manager
    2 hard wear and sound
    3 device manager
    4 then scroll down and click on 'network adapters'
    5 right click intel pro.....
    6 click disable
    7 enable it again

hope this helps you out, worked for me :)

CRAIG07 wrote: »
    ok go to

1 controle manager
    2 hard wear and sound
    3 device manager
    4 then scroll down and click on 'network adapters'
    5 right click intel pro.....
    6 click disable
    7 enable it again

hope this helps you out, worked for me :)
    Thanks will try that;)Have done it now we'll see

Advertisement