Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pepperami, does anyone actually eat this?

• 21-10-2008 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I love meat, I love snacks but a meat snack such as pepperami tastes vile to me. I cannot stomach the taste and yet I love pepperami on my pizza.

So do any of you like pepperami? Do you eat it? How are these things making money? Who's buying them?

Pepperami, do yo ulike it? 29 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    41%
    Drag00n79ARGINITEBlisterman_blank_FX MeisterIrishpimpdudeFrisbeedrunk_monkGroejim o doompandamoaniumBeardyFunzo 12 votes
    Haven't tasted it but will try
    20%
    wintearr3nu4lphasersCatari JaguarDolbertXxlauraxX 6 votes
    Haven't tasted it and will never try
    6%
    KnifeWRENCHemeraldstar 2 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    31%
    super_furryRuu_OldFaithslayerkingTabnabsGreen Giantrvd156Pigletloverjaycen 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

No
    Pepperami's are amazing. Love them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Tried it once, might as well have eaten a cold sausage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Haven't tasted it but will try
    Tried it once, might as well have eaten a cold sausage.

You see, I like cold sausage, I like cold pepperami pizza but I despise pepperami! :confused:

Frisbee, why do you like them?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

No
    r3nu4l wrote: »

I really have no idea. Its vastly inferior to jerky that you get in the US etc. But for some reason every time I see them in Tesco I'm compelled to buy one...or several

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

No
    Had it when I was about 8, hated it.
    Tried it again a few years ago and loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Haven't tasted it and will never try
    Cold sausage, you say? Sounds nice....
    Never had one but I'll be sure to pick one up at some point and report back to ye!

I love the TV ads for Pepperami : "Aw little junior's first day at school....and his last!" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

You see, I like cold sausage, I like cold pepperami pizza but I despise pepperami! :confused:

Do you mean pepperoni? Your confusing me...you like Pepperami chopped up on a pizza but despise it whole?

I love the stuff personally but can never find it anywhere...I thought they'd stopped selling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No
    Frisbee wrote: »
    I really have no idea. Its vastly inferior to jerky that you get in the US etc. But for some reason every time I see them in Tesco I'm compelled to buy one...or several

Me too.

I love the red ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Always seemed overpriced to me, and I never like the over processed commercial look of it. I am currently getting a nice chorizo in supervalu, about €11.50 per kilo in a 200g sausage. I just cut bits off and eat straight from the fridge, or stick it on a george foreman and mop up the spicy fat with bread. Lidl do nice cured meats too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

No
    I like pepperoni in pretty much any state - cold, on pizza, out of the pack, whatever. Pepperami the product - I only like the black packed very spicy one, don't like the quality of the meat in the other ones.. but that spicy one... NOM NOM NOM NOM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

Atari Jaguar
    Always wondered who actually buys it :) Tried jerky in the states a few times, was ok, not all that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Atari Jaguar
    I believe there are some mysteries in life that are best left unsolved. The taste of pepperami falls into that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭drunk_monk

No
    Hey OP I see what your doing here, some sort of canny advertising ;) . I haven't eaten one of these scrummy snacks for a long time. Now I feel the urge to eat one now, in fact I'm gonna head off to the shop at lunch time to try and find them, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Frisbee wrote: »
    Its vastly inferior to jerky that you get in the US etc. veral

Can you get Jerky 'round these parts??

I'm compelled to sample some. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No
    Passenger wrote: »
    Can you get Jerky 'round these parts??

I'm compelled to sample some. :D

Not that I know of.

But.

There is a South African shop somewhere in the vicinity of Liffey Street in Dublin that sells Biltong, which is kind of similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

No

You put pepperoni on a pizza mate

Used to love it before I turned veggie.

Advertisement