Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

diabetes and my files

• 21-10-2008 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Can somebody please give me any information.I was diagnosed with diabetes when i was 17 now im 25.I attended our ladys hospital in crumlin until i was 21 then i attended st james hospital.My query is that for a job i need a record to say my diabetes is under control and a load of cr*p like that.Do i have the right to get all my records from james hospital??And would they have a file originally sent from our ladys hospital??

james told me id have to meet the professor in a few months and they would even doubt it if he can give a letter to say its under control.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Why mention it at all regarding a job?

SW81 wrote: »
    Why mention it at all regarding a job?
    I was doing a medical and was asked also i do admit to it because incase anything ever happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

How often have you seen the consultant? My guy gave me a letter, I see him every six months. It just said that I was under his care, no complications, never been hospitalised and said that my HB1AC indicated I had good control.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

You're GP should have discharge letters following every out patient and in patient episode. They should be able to sort you out.

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    How often have you seen the consultant? My guy gave me a letter, I see him every six months. It just said that I was under his care, no complications, never been hospitalised and said that my HB1AC indicated I had good control.
    I havent seen him in 1 year prob,but ive being attending appointments etc every 3-6 months.Also my hbaic was 9.2 two weeks ago so wasnt great either:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

tv3 wrote: »
    I havent seen him in 1 year prob,but ive being attending appointments etc every 3-6 months.Also my hbaic was 9.2 two weeks ago so wasnt great either:cool:
    If you attend your consultant it should not be an issue:rolleyes:

If you attend your consultant it should not be an issue:rolleyes:
    I do attend him whens he is at the appointments but i also attend his team..

Advertisement