Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

No Metallica shows in Dublin in 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Just looking at the latest tour images on www.metontour.com - the stage is quite basic (in comparison to the shows they had in the early & mid 1990's) but right enough, it's a lot bigger than a boxing ring would be.

I guess we'll just have to wait & see...Belfast might be a more likely option this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Stupid question time - Is it still possible to get tix through the MetClub, I've been poking with no success.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It is. What gig are you trying to get tickets for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

NIBBS wrote: »
    all they said was that it was the last of the announcements for the week - jaysus other people are nearly as impatient as I am :-)
    anyway I'm sure it'll happen, the gig here in August wasn't announced until well after the UK dates......so I wouldn't be worrying about it.......

Mickey - it's an Arena tour, no outdoor gigs anywhere.......[/QUOTE]

Yep, I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

so far i'm doing long island,NY and newark,NJ at the end of january and then the 1st 02 show on 2/3 and newcastle the following night.

can't feckin' wait:D

i'd be shocked if they didn't do an irish date,i reckon the odyssey in belfast will get a show too. give it another week or so,they're probably still ironing out contracts with promoters and venues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Is it possible to get standing tickets for manchester on the met club?

feylya wrote: »
    It is. What gig are you trying to get tickets for?

The 02 in London 28th of March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Duffman-oohyeh

Im Pretty sure that they will play the o2 arena in dublin! they did say in marlay park see you next year indoors, "dublin" ireland. i know they left us down in 07 but im pretty sure they will stop of for their world tour like! ill keep you updated as im in the Metallica Club! :D
    World Magnetic Tour!!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Sorry to beat you to the punch Duffman.

Met-Club has just sent me an email with the full list of European Dates (suffice to say Dublin is not in there) However, the club referred to this as the "first round" od European Gigs. This would suggest there will be a second round, and unless they want to do the UK another 7 times, we will see a Dublin show

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The 02 in London 28th of March.

There's an link in an email you got for the presale.

• Advertisement

Yeah im pretty sure dublin with get a date , like if got a dat on two minor tours we should deffo get the world tour date! yeah i just got that e-mail too. but as u sed they mentioned thats the end of the european dates for now, as far as i no they mentioned being back here between feb and early june. And i noticed a mentioning of more dates coming next week!
    :D

I shall be travelling to the o2 in london if ireland dont get a date!:D

feylya wrote: »
    There's an link in an email you got for the presale.

Yeah found it eventually, thanks man. The only available seats are up in the Gods.. Not gonna bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hairysnots

Damn, yeah i know! didn't read the replies. But cmon, dudes, who cares if Metallica visits in 09. The must be one of the most toured bands??? Damn i saw them 3 times this year and i didn't see them in Dublin... And big deal to me too... Christ, even stevie wonder has seen Metallica...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Good riddance I say. They caused such a ****storm at Dublin here a few months back and they weren't even that good, not to mention Death Pathetic is hardly going to be considered a staple album in the genre itself.

Roll on Priest Feast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Good riddance I say. They caused such a ****storm at Dublin here a few months back and they weren't even that good, not to mention Death Pathetic is hardly going to be considered a staple album in the genre itself.

Roll on Priest Feast.

They caused such a 'sh!t storm' in August because whether you or anyone else likes it, Metallica are the biggest metal band in the world. Fact.

By the way, they were great in August. :eek:

Rockee wrote: »
    They caused such a 'sh!t storm' in August because whether you or anyone else likes it, Metallica are the biggest metal band in the world. Fact.

By the way, they were great in August. :eek:

Being the biggest metal band in the world doesn't necessarily mean you're any good. My opinion's probably been spouted out a million times, but they should have just packed it up once Black Album was released. I don't really care for anything they've put out since then, especially not Death Pathetic.

Being the biggest metal band in the world doesn't necessarily mean you're any good. My opinion's probably been spouted out a million times, but they should have just packed it up once Black Album was released. I don't really care for anything they've put out since then, especially not Death Pathetic.

So basically when a band sells X amount million records they are crap?

Rockee wrote: »
    So basically when a band sells X amount million records they are crap?

You're actually trying to twist my words around to suit your own argument. I didn't say being a popular band has to automatically mean you're bad. I said that being the largest metal band in the world doesn't necessarily mean you're top notch musicians to be envied the world over, end of story.

I can name off alot of bands off the top of my head that fall into the genre of heavy metal and can compose music far better than Metallica can, but they're nowhere near as popular as them.

Popularity doesn't equal musical prowess.

You're actually trying to twist my words around to suit your own argument. I didn't say being a popular band has to automatically mean you're bad. I said that being the largest metal band in the world doesn't necessarily mean you're top notch musicians to be envied the world over, end of story.

I can name off alot of bands off the top of my head that fall into the genre of heavy metal and can compose music far better than Metallica can, but they're nowhere near as popular as them.

Popularity doesn't equal musical prowess.

You could also say musical prowess doesnt mean popularity! When I said that they are the biggest metal band in the world, nowhere did I say they were 'top notch' musicians. Lars is wheezing almost at this stage and James is fluffing words a lot. My point? Irregardless what I or anybody else says theyll continue to sell out fields, stadiums and arenas for the foreseeable future much to the joy of some and the disdain of others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Their gig in the Point in 1996 was probably one of the best concerts I have ever been at. It was mental!!!!!

And at the end of the main set(when the stage collapse happened), I could hear James yell "Get the f**k down, NOW!!!!!"

I thought it sucked balls, the crowd seemed to be barely five deep because the stage took up most of the centre area, the pantomime stuff was embarrasing and barring the oldies set at the end there wasnt much atmosphere, it was stadium rock in a barn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

[QUOTE=Bambi;57691024}the crowd seemed to be barely five deep because the stage took up most of the centre area[/QUOTE]

it was great,getting to the rail was piss easy. no queing from 8 in the morning,i arrived in at the end of C.O.Cs set and was at the rail in 2 minutes,great stuff:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well then why the fúck are you posting on a thread about Metallica?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hairysnots

Roll on Priest Feast.

Priest!? Maybe in the early days?

Today! because the will bring better bands with them :)

Yeah! heah! Just joking...
    Yeah! i know Megadeth are touring with them...

How come this gig is cheaper than the Megadeth tour???

Girls,Arse,Feck,Drink,Snots...

Well then why the fúck are you posting on a thread about Metallica?

Yeah mate, I'll take that on board. Note to self: Never have an opinion contrary to anybody else's.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He didn't say that, quit twisting his words to suit your needs ;)

Seriously though, what is the point of pushing your opinion on others in a thread that is supposed to be about discussing the lack of irish metallica dates?

I also think metallica have gotten quite sh1te, but I absolutely do not agree with your opinion that they should have just given up after black, that would have been the biggest sell out of all. I'm glad they keep trying, if people want to buy their stuff then that's up to the individual putting the money on the table, I know I won't pay squat for anything metallica until i'm impressed but that does not mean i'm going to hate on them just for the sake of it.

Mactard wrote: »
    He didn't say that, quit twisting his words to suit your needs ;)

Seriously though, what is the point of pushing your opinion on others in a thread that is supposed to be about discussing the lack of irish metallica dates?

I also think metallica have gotten quite sh1te, but I absolutely do not agree with your opinion that they should have just given up after black, that would have been the biggest sell out of all. I'm glad they keep trying, if people want to buy their stuff then that's up to the individual putting the money on the table, I know I won't pay squat for anything metallica until i'm impressed but that does not mean i'm going to hate on them just for the sake of it.

Since when is posting my opinion about Metallica in a Metallica-related topic automatically attributed to 'pushing' it on other people? It's not as if I force fed it to anybody.

I'm hardly jumping on any bandwagon and hating them for the sake of it either. I listen to Master of Puppets and Black Album all the time. I just don't think anything released after that is really worth listening to. That's my opinion. It's not being forced, not being debated as scientific fact, just thought I'd get it across, yeah?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

That's my opinion. It's not being forced, not being debated as scientific fact, just thought I'd get it across, yeah?

And that you have done, continuously... got it, yeah, got it...yeah... it's your opinion, yeah, and my opinion is that you are pushing it, yeah...that's my opinion yeah... do you get that?

Mactard wrote: »
    And that you have done, continuously... got it, yeah, got it...yeah... it's your opinion, yeah, and my opinion is that you are pushing it, yeah...that's my opinion yeah... do you get that?

If you don't like it mate, don't read it. Doesn't bother me either way.

• Advertisement

Clearly not true, since you keep on bothering to reply...besides i'm just posting my opinion, if you don't like it, don't read it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement