Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

No Metallica shows in Dublin in 2009

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Mactard wrote: »
    Clearly not true, since you keep on bothering to reply...besides i'm just posting my opinion, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Clearly is true, actually. I said I don't care if you read it or not. I know others will though, so it's all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Mactard wrote: »
    Clearly not true, since you keep on bothering to reply...besides i'm just posting my opinion, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Dude you're hurting his feelings, leave him alone it's his opinion!!!

I don't think I'm pushed either way if they come here or not, I'll go to see them if they do but I wont be disappointed if they don't. That said I've not ever been to an indoor Metallica gig so it'd be interesting to say the least, will be nice not having to trek through muck and getting soaked by rain all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

They haven't announced all the dates yet, and besides, they will prob make time afterwards. I seen Metallica in Dublin in 99, 03, 05 and 06 (I was away for 08)...they will come back again to Dublin, especially with the Kirk connection, and they really love the place.

2003, now that was a gig, great memories....good times....and now Im heading to Sheffield to see them in March next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

they will come back again to Dublin, especially with the Kirk connection, and they really love the place.

I wonder where in Ireland his pops is from!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Rockee wrote: »
    I wonder where in Ireland his pops is from!!:confused:

The Burren in County Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Het-Field wrote: »
    The Burren in County Clare

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Duffman-oohyeh

You're actually trying to twist my words around to suit your own argument. I didn't say being a popular band has to automatically mean you're bad. I said that being the largest metal band in the world doesn't necessarily mean you're top notch musicians to be envied the world over, end of story.

I can name off alot of bands off the top of my head that fall into the genre of heavy metal and can compose music far better than Metallica can, but they're nowhere near as popular as them.

Popularity doesn't equal musical prowess.

It must mean something if the album death MAGNETIC went top of the charts in nearly every country in the world! its the best album they brought out since the black album! Judas priest dont ever achieve they kind of sale n popularity, for a band to get popular they hav to be good, especially in this country, judas priest cant even sell out a concert in ireland! This post Thread was opened for metallica fans, why stick yer nose in if your not interested! get a life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It must mean something if the album death MAGNETIC went top of the charts in nearly every country in the world! its the best album they brought out since the black album! Judas priest dont ever achieve they kind of sale n popularity, for a band to get popular they hav to be good, especially in this country, judas priest cant even sell out a concert in ireland! This post Thread was opened for metallica fans, why stick yer nose in if your not interested! get a life!

The only reason I disagree with this is that by your logic, the likes of Snow Patrol and MCR would then contain musical prowess....and its not April Fools Day yet, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Duffman-oohyeh

Mushy wrote: »
    The only reason I disagree with this is that by your logic, the likes of Snow Patrol and MCR would then contain musical prowess....and its not April Fools Day yet, no?

I see what your saying, lol! bit still! Metallica are class!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 liamdebleine

Anybody out there at metallica last august who was standing over on the right hand side of the stage at the barrier between the crowd and the pit?
    Trying to find a blond I got talking to!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭StiffLitlemicky

Anybody out there at metallica last august who was standing over on the right hand side of the stage at the barrier between the crowd and the pit?
    Trying to find a blond I got talking to!!!!!

I've got blond hair and a cock!!!
    You lookin' for COCK or ming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Was it this hottie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Micil

Don't worry. Metallica will come to Ireland if they can make some more money. Has nobody noticed that the music that multi-millionaires make is sh*te compared to the music that struggling bands make.
    Plus, what the hell are Metallica on about. Their lyrics were never the strongest but this new record is the biggest mish-mash of wishy-washy diluted mank I've ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I can't believe you registered just to post that. I always wonder why people sign up using something that resembles a real name.

Are you looking for this blonde for <removed because I'm not a meanie!>?

For a 38 year old should you not be doing something a little less sad?

Posting that link was hardly fair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Posting that link was hardly fair.
    Why? It doesn't exactly have any personal details on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Why? It doesn't exactly have any personal details on it.

It gives the town he lives in. His age. His appearance. His profession etc..

Also, it has nothing to do with boards. Seems like a bit of a cheap shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Seems like a bit of a cheap shot.

That's exactly what it is. Bad form.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It gives the town he lives in. His age. His appearance. His profession etc..

Also, it has nothing to do with boards. Seems like a bit of a cheap shot.
    It gives very little information on one person with the user name of ''liamdebleine''. That information was provided by that very same person and is available for the whole world to see. Christ, it's not like I posted up his private address, pictures, unlisted phone number and his medical records!

Those with a sensitive disposition should not be using the internet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement