Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Download Speed??

Options
  • 21-10-2008 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this was already mentioned but honestly what is going on with it?
    I'm in the Limerick region, have wireless 3mb broadband but use an ethernet cable.

I am getting awful download speeds for the past few day's now and it's not getting better as I am currently downloading something and the speed is just 26.1kb as opposed to 200+!

Is anyone else from this region or nationwide expieriencing these problems?
    Everything was fine when I had 2mb but since the supposed "Upgrade" everything has gone terrible!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What are you downloading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

What are you downloading?

A TV show from a website where I usually get 200+kb download speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

no i'm eircom 3mb near limerick (ennis), can get 350kb/s for my tv shows
    depends on seeder i guess,
    what client you use, are you sure some ports are getting blocked, i use bitcomet, when you have 2 little green lights at the bottom you know you have full connection, and you'll only get as fast as someone else ups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭bla

do we have anything to go on here other than your rant? line stats? snr etc.

That fact that you only were getting 200 kb/s on a 3 meg line would lead me to believe you are on a bad line that never synced at or near the 3 meg and possibly synced at a much lower speed at some stage and is still at that speed. mind you at 26.1 kB/s that would probbaly mean a 256/260 kbit sync speed which is rather low but i have seen syncs that low on bad lines before.

ps you are not on wireless broadband you are on wired adsl broadband and can have it transmitted wireless locally through your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

This will probably fly in the face of what people are posting here but I have been quick enough to post when things are bad...I recently went back to Eircom on the upto 7.6mb package. I'm consistantly getting 700Kb/s + on my downloads, surfing/streaming is very quick and I'm getting pings of about 42. A lot better then I was getting on a similar package with BT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

bla wrote: »
    do we have anything to go on here other than your rant? line stats? snr etc.

That fact that you only were getting 200 kb/s on a 3 meg line would lead me to believe you are on a bad line that never synced at or near the 3 meg and possibly synced at a much lower speed at some stage and is still at that speed. mind you at 26.1 kB/s that would probbaly mean a 256/260 kbit sync speed which is rather low but i have seen syncs that low on bad lines before.

ps you are not on wireless broadband you are on wired adsl broadband and can have it transmitted wireless locally through your router.

Ok calm down, Everythings grand now. My speed is back up to about 270kb/s.
    Btw though there's no need to be so pompus and such a know it all

Advertisement