Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT on VW Transporter?

Options
  • 21-10-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm looking to get a VW Transporter T32 KOMBI (2.5) LWB in the UK. is this defined as a CAT C vehicle (and only 50 VRT) or does the weight have something to do it it aswell.

Every time I search I seem to get a different answer so im asking it straight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sam.b

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

What exactly is a kombi??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sam.b

Like a panel van but has windows in the back and a seat rail (for a removable seat system).. which is why im thinking VRT may apply..

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Contact the VRO directly, but I'd expect you'll get hit with fulll VRT - for a vehicle to be considered a van it needs to have no side windows rear of the driver, no rear seats and the rear seatbelt mounting points need to be welded over (afaik).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I'm also looking into importing a UK Volkswagen Transporter, it would be the T30 Panel Van LWB 1896 cc 1.9 TDI PD 102PS. I did a search at the ROS website without luck, does anybody have an idea how much VRT would be payable, the €50 or 13.5% VRT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

I know a company selling a surplus 170 bhp 5seater Irish 06 Transpoter fully loaded one if you want to pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

DonJose wrote: »
    I'm also looking into importing a UK Volkswagen Transporter, it would be the T30 Panel Van LWB 1896 cc 1.9 TDI PD 102PS. I did a search at the ROS website without luck, does anybody have an idea how much VRT would be payable, the €50 or 13.5% VRT.

Does it have seats rear of the driver?

Where are you getting a rate of 13.5% VRT from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

AudiChris wrote: »

Hmmm would a Ford Transit Van CrewCab be liable to the vrt or €50?

AudiChris wrote: »

Sorry that should be 13.3% VRT, got this figure from the ROS site. There are no rear seats just 3 seats up front.

STATISTICAL CODE: 48489314
    MAKE: VOLKSWAGEN
    MODEL: TRANSPORTER
    VERSION: T3 02DR / VAN / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    MILEAGE: 20000 MILES

The information requested in respect of the vehicle shown is indicated below.
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: JUNE 2006
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: (applicable on enquiry date) €10560
    RATE OF TAX: 13.3%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX: (payable on enquiry date) €1404

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

If the wheelbase is greater than 2.45m and the GVW is greater than 2520kg the the VRT is €50.

• Advertisement

If the wheelbase is greater than 2.45m and the GVW is greater than 2520kg the the VRT is €50.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

Advertisement