Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sendings Off?

Options
  • 21-10-2008 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

After playing the demo, I noticed that pretty much any sliding tackle was rewarded with a red card.

In my first two games, I seen 5 red cards (4 for CPU) for slide tackles in midfield or on the wing, which seemed innocent enough, not from behind or not particularly vicious. Is this problem still in the final version?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I didn't notice it in the demo or the full version. Maybe you're not very good at tackling...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Its not that bad but most of them will get you a yellow card, Also does the A Button tackle in the game?...have yet to make one tackle with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Otacon wrote: »
    I didn't notice it in the demo or the full version. Maybe you're not very good at tackling...

4 of the 5 red cards were for the CPU means I'm not good at tackling... :rolleyes: Guess you just misread :)

Hopefully it was just a couple of very crazy games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

i noticed this too. even if you time it perfecly and win the ball your likely to get booked at least. it happens the cpu aswell but still annoying and unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

At least you dont get a straight red like in PES 2008 - a yellow will do me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'm not sure how they have made the ref's worse over the last 2 years instead of better. I don't remember having any card trouble in the earlier games.

It comes under the category of a major annoyance at least....

Can you tweak the ref setting, or maybe that was on a very old Fifa or early Pro Evo? Seems like they are incredibly strict, need to be toned down a notch. Never had a problem with them before, so I never had to go looking for the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Played for the first time today, cards were flying when contact was made with the ball, and a few straight reds were shown. Never happened to me before, even in Pes 08.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭OpenEnded

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    After playing the demo, I noticed that pretty much any sliding tackle was rewarded with a red card.

In my first two games, I seen 5 red cards (4 for CPU) for slide tackles in midfield or on the wing, which seemed innocent enough, not from behind or not particularly vicious. Is this problem still in the final version?
    its been getting stricter every year imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Last game I played ended with me down to 9 men, and 5 yellows.

CPU gave away a blatant peno and only got a yellow. ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

kaimera wrote: »
    Last game I played ended with me down to 9 men, and 5 yellows.

CPU gave away a blatant peno and only got a yellow. ffs.

Maybe you guys play differently to me but I thought last year in terms of red cards was a joke.

PES2009 is strict but not completely ridiculous in my opinion.
    I've had minimal sendings off, for bad tackles anyway.

At least now the CPU players are getting booked too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

There is some consitency lacking when it comes to fouls, I have been one on one a few times only to have a defender hack me down and only get a yellow card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

There is definately a problem with the refs. I've noticed far too many cards of both colours in matches where there were no tackles from behind / the side.

I have to admit there is a buggy feel about some elements of the game. There was one instance where i got dispossessed on the by-line, the CPU then carried the ball towards the touchline, with all of the ball clearly over the line. I couldn't believe what i saw so i saved a replay of it.

Advertisement