Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPAT

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Being able to sleep would kick ass:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭shamoono

got only 3 hours of sleep last night uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

shamoono wrote: »
    got only 3 hours of sleep last night uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Your complaining about lack of sleep and you wanna be a doctor?

The irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Just back from the one in UCC there. It was about the same standard as the practice test so it was doable. The last few questions on the missing piece were probably the toughest imo.
    Hope everyone got on well!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cczzz

i found the first section the most difficult and i rushed the last questions basically guessing because the time ran out. i thought the 2nd section was good but the 3rd section was best by far. if only it was worth more...:(
    any1 else do it in ucd belfield?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Just back from the Waterford centre myself.

Yowza, don't think I did that well tbh. Although i don't know. Maybe I did extremely well. Maybe I did not.
    Damn inability to know.I was confident enough, ish, coming out. Now, however, I'm like... doubting myself.

Those last few sequences on section 3 weren't very nice. Hmph.

At least it's all over.
    I'm off to blog about this harrowing experience. It's the only thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Just back from d sligo centre...that was intense!!! havnt a clue how i did...section 1 seemd realy long, and i think section 2 was harder than the sample book:( i dunno...hav 2 wait and see i suppose!!
    how many do ye think sat the test? ther was around 100 in sligo...how bout everywher else?

Just out of curiosity, when do you get your results? Do you get them before the Leaving Cert. results, or on the same day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

There was a lot of people in Waterford. Couldn't give you an exact number, but there were a lot. And that was just in the centre I was in.. there was more than one centre within the school place.

-JammyDodger- : We get our results on the 22nd of June.
    So, for me anyway, I'll know by then whether I got a place or not. Bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

o ya...ther mite av been another centre in sligo...it seemd lyk a really small number i was hopin itd be the same evrywhere else!!
    Well thank god itz over wit newayz!!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ugh that exam was WAY harder than the sample test! Especially section 3- like wtf was up with most of that? Also the exam hall was freezing and the fat girl near me stank of BO :( I was shivering so much my desk was shaking!

Section two was WAY harder than the sample test, there were a few questions which really had two possible answers and had to be guessed. At least most other people found it hard. I'm going to go whinge so more about it on my blog!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cczzz

i agree, i think that many of section 2 had two different answers that would have both made perfect sense... and you right, i found it way harder than the practise test as well

there was on question on the ratios of finger length and two of the answers were correct...i think?

Yeah I remember thinking two seemed right but I was pretty confused by that question anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭WaldenByThoreua

The RDS was an ice-box and section 3 was very hard....thats what I thought anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

Just got back from Cork there... 3rd section was defiantly tough but not as bad as I was expecting!
    Anyone know when we get results?!

I suppose the whole point of the test is to test your different abilities, wheras someone might find the 1st section easy and unable to get their head around the non verbal stuff. It could be the opposite for another person. I havn't met anyone who does not find any of the sections difficult. Well its all over and done with now!

Just got back from Cork there... 3rd section was defiantly tough but not as bad as I was expecting!
    Anyone know when we get results?!

22nd of june, but im open to correction on that

Yep it's the 22nd of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Adventure

section one was tough, didn't have enough time to finish it.
    Section two wasn't that bad except the one about the sisters and aunties,
    thought section 3 was grand though!

• Advertisement

I thought it was a bit bad the way they took up our booklets after the exam, I would have liked to keep mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

ooooooh the HPAT....

Section 1: I remember sailing through the first 12/15 questions then getting bogged down.... and the end I had about tree minutes left with two sections to do.... there was that thing about trees and wood and the stats about smokers, so I just guessed the stuff about the trees and finish the last section comfortably. Happy enough with it....

Section 2: I think it was a higher standard than the sample paper, there were a couple questions where I couldnt narrow it down to just one answer.... It was still probably the easiest section. Also did anyone else notice how they named most of the characters "Anne".

Section 3: The first part was easy, then came those f**kin "middle of the sequence questions". I got a bit bogged down here, I think I reasoned a couple of them out but I got a bit stuck of time so I just picked the odd one out... The last part was pretty difficult.

EDIT : I'm glad they took the test booklets off of us.... I would fancy spending the next month or two neurotically going through it....

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭shamoono

section 1 was okay but didn't get enough time to finish it, same with section 2 but something was a bit different about section 2, section 3 was ok but didn't get to finish it.....

some girl sitting beside me had section 2 and 3 done 20 minutes before the end of each section.....either she was incredibly intelligent or.. she couldnt give 2 f*****

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Section 1 was ok but I was short for time for the last few.
    Section 2 was harder than in the sample booklet but I felt section 3 was easier than the sample one. Its hard to know how I did overall though.
    I need to get some sleep now after my early start today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Section 1 was awful. Made a plan to do the hard questions first and fly through the easy ones. Didn't answer a lot of questions.

Section 2 was harder this time than in the Hpat sample test, simply because it required more consideration to get just the right answer this time, I thought.

Section 3 was quite easier than in the sample test I thought and my tactic of doing the hard ones first paid off as I finished all questions without needing to rush 'em too much, something I was definitely not expecting.

All there is to do now is wait...

Just out of curiosity, I know a lot of people (myself included) who did the Hpat but don't actually want to do medicine or who are using medicine as a back-up (most perverse logic EVER behind that notion) or just doing it in case they decide to do medicine. Anyone else know people like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭HQvhs

Yeah, I agree with most people here.
    I was a little pushed for time for the last three questions of Section 1.
    Section 2 was a bit more ambiguous than the one in the practice booklet but at least I had enough time here!
    Section 3 was much easier than the practice booklet one, tripped up on one or two of the middle of the sequence ones though..
    Overall, hard to tell how it went really.. at least we've a few months to stew over it! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gotabi

i prolly would have been warmer doing my exam outside rather than inside the rds it was that cold.

if my shaking desk disturbed anybody in block 10... my bad.. lol

The exam itself tho, was fine for time, thought section 2 was hard.. especially the wedding invite passage... was like "wtf" there.

section 1 was hard enough too but easier than the sample papers by far.
    cnt really remember how i felt bout section 3 but i figured out most of em so dunno

all in gods hands now i guess :P
    The fat invigilator in the pink was a TYRANT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just back from Dublin now, Blackrock test centre. 4 ******* hours sitting on a flat piece of wood :mad:

Thought section 1 was about the same standard as the sample paper.
    Section 2 was tougher than I was expecting.
    Section 3 was ok, middle of the sequence ones were hard as I expected. Got at least 5, but I think 7 out of the last 9 questions right, everyone else said they were guessing for the last 10/15 questions, so hopefully that's a good sign :)

That was a long crappy day, I love my bed :P

Really annoyed they didn't let us keep the paper.

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Just back from Dublin now, Blackrock test centre. 4 ******* hours sitting on a flat piece of wood :mad:

Thought section 1 was about the same standard as the sample paper.
    Section 2 was tougher than I was expecting.
    Section 3 was ok, middle of the sequence ones were hard as I expected. Got at least 5, but I think 7 out of the last 9 questions right, everyone else said they were guessing for the last 10/15 questions, so hopefully that's a good sign :)

That was a long crappy day, I love my bed :P

Really annoyed they didn't let us keep the paper.

Oh I was in Blackrock too! I didn't mind the waiting that much, I didn't feel the time passing at all. It was hilarious how everyone ran for the toilet (myself included) just before the exam started.

Don't know how they hadn't gotten their act together, I think there might've been an issue with some of the foreign passports. A friend of a friend was almost not allowed sit the exam cos he didn't look enough like his 14 year old self in the passport photo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement