Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPAT

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

argh anyone else had rediculously low results, i swear i did better than this lol

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ilovechocolate

im sure loadsa ppl didnt do as well as they hoped dont worry. and you still have ucas to fall back on dont u?

nah ive applied to 5 medical places in ireland and 5 physics places as my backup choices, i didnt do UCAS i love ireland haha. In my A levels im predcited AAAAA SO THAT WOULD GIVE ME the 560 points, but tbh depending on how well other people did medicine looks slim for me at the moment.

i actually find it odd lol, not sure how they have scaled these results, but i geniunly believe i did better than 97 lol i mean 0-20 percentile, i mean wtf lol find im not a genious at these sorts of tests but seriously 0-20% :S i feel betrayed lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Im afraid to look !!!!!, has anyone scored in the 200's ?

• Advertisement

lets just hope my A levels go to plan :)

same here i generally do quite well at these type of things but i suppose most people who did the test are the sorts of people who would do well in it? if ya get what i mean? and theres so many more post grad and mature student options out there if ya dont get in. at the end of the day its just a college course and while it might be ur dream right now, most people find theyre perfectly happy with their 2nd or 3rd choice when they have to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Crystler

Calum196 wrote: »
    Im afraid to look !!!!!, has anyone scored in the 200's ?

nope but people have come close the 93% broke 180... so not a very high chance for someone to get above 200.

How many places are allocated from EU students, like not internation or irish but like British students, i hear theres a seperate number of allocated places for us? so theorectically im not competing against irish students, just the EU students? for those places?

Crystler wrote: »
    nope but people have come close the 93% broke 180... so not a very high chance for someone to get above 200.

So only 7% of people got over 180 ?

• Advertisement

same here i generally do quite well at these type of things but i suppose most people who did the test are the sorts of people who would do well in it? if ya get what i mean? and theres so many more post grad and mature student options out there if ya dont get in. at the end of the day its just a college course and while it might be ur dream right now, most people find theyre perfectly happy with their 2nd or 3rd choice when they have to do it.

To lighten up the mood, thats quitter talk man!

my friend got over 200 but i dunno how happy he would be about me posting his score online. he didnt tell me his percentile but i reckon he's practically the best in the country if not the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 k1309

em ok so i got 202 and it said my overall percentile ranking was 99%?
    a misprint is impossible right?
    it just seems a bit low a score to be in the top 99%!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

amacachi wrote: »
    I scored 192, 96th percentile. Looks like I was just short of the shallow bit of the bell-curve. Pity my result means nothing after the ****ty LC.

That's fantastic, you should be delighted :)

Oh dear I didn't do too well at all =/

k1309 wrote: »
    em ok so i got 202 and it said my overall percentile ranking was 99%?
    a misprint is impossible right?
    it just seems a bit low a score to be in the top 99%!?

No that seems to be the trend... well done.

my friend got over 200 but i dunno how happy he would be about me posting his score online. he didnt tell me his percentile but i reckon he's practically the best in the country if not the best.

Waa, nice your friend should be proud. granted I'm past my anger stage, but tell him (even though it'll be moot) I say congratulations!

oh sorry if i was sounded quitterish before. im just trying to put things in perspective for myself really! like its not the end of the world and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

OK, just opened mine... don't know how to feel about them.
    I actually felt physically sick opening them, so freakin' nervous.

I don't know, I'm kind of unhappy, but it's all too vague for me to actually know whether I can be happy or not.
    (Because that sentence makes sense)

I got 173, 84%tile.

I already have 550 points from last year so... a combined score of 723/860.

That sounds awfully low, but everyone's results are quite low-ish.

Also, am I right in thinking everyone's HPAT results seem really close together!? Like, that means things are still going to depend largely on LC points.

Haven't given up hope yet, but I am certainly not jumping with joy.

no offense but how can people feel upset, i got a god dam 93 im the one that should be feeling upset, pls guys lightning up 173 is wayyyyy better man. i need to reply on my A levels now

Maybe this is dodgy maths, but there are 3356 applicants who have medicine as their first choice and 405 places. 405/3356 x 100 = 12% so only 12% of people who sat the HPAT (i.e. people in the 88% percentile) have already got their place.

The leaving cert will change this a good bit, but will it change it significantly?

At the moment it's bye bye medicine for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Zenith23

Ok, well I just got my HPAT results-126..not good. I'm expecting, though, at least 560 in my Leaving Cert. Is there any hope for me?

guess its bye bye for me aswell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UnDeNiAbLe

**** man i got 135 !!!!!!!! an i dont really care cause i thought i was gonna get worse like but to see my moms face like that was a heart breaker...she covered up pretty well tho...but...oh damn i hate disappointing her but i knew this was coming...........

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭drrkpd

180 is 92nd percentile 201 is 99th percentile definitely

Whats the distrubtution of results this year, everyone seems to be getting around 97-150 mark, is this the post common range.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Streifi

Hi everyone...

I'm new here and that's my first post... so please be gentle... ;)

I'm a mature student who wants to study medicine in Ireland. I sat the hpat as any of you and got an overall percentil of 69% and got 161 points... Not too bad I though at first... Considered that english is not my first language and that i've been living here for just a year.

Anyway... As far as i know as a mature student i'm not competing against the "normal" leaving cert students, right? Has anyone got any idea how many of the 3000 people who sat the hpat are actually mature students? I assume there's a high percentage of school leavers but cant' find any figures. Anyone knows how many? And do mature students who sat the GAMSAT have to sit the hpat as well? (Doesn't apply to me, i have a vocational training but no degree).
    I did get invited for the interview in ucd though. But have to wait until next week for the reply.
    Just wandering now if my hpat results gave me a chance for the interview or if it was my work experience and my cv...

thanks and good luck to everyone!!!
    Streifi

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭drrkpd

if 180 is 92nd percentile 201 is 99th suspect 50 th is around 150 -this by the way is very similar to Australian experience

Whatever the 50% percentile is will be the average mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭HQvhs

drrkpd wrote: »
    if 180 is 92nd percentile 201 is 99th suspect 50 th is around 150 -this by the way is very similar to Australian experience
    Seems to be the way it's going anyway. What was the Australian experience do you know? Or does anyone know? It would just be interesting to see and compare.

• Advertisement

can someone tell me how 97 can be 0-20 percentile, i mean if thats true then the results must be very bunched togther??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement