Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving and MP3

Options
  • 21-10-2008 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Is it illegal to drive while listening to your mp3 through head phones??:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'd imagine it would come under Driving Wihout Due Care or Attention.

That and the Chronic Stupidity Act (1995).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Robbo wrote: »
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

I think so! they'll find away to get you anyway. Driving a motorbike would be dangerous while listening to music on earphones so id imagine a car would be bad too. I know at a check point a gaurd thought i was listening to a CD which was on the passenger seat with earphones plugged in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Post of the day FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Wow,,, did ya think of that all be yourself or did ur ma help ya.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just get an FM transmitter and the headphones become irrelevant - unless you want them to block out screaming kids or something!

I would imagine you'd be done for driving without due care as Robbo says, as this is what the local paper had a few people done for using old fashioned wired handsfrees under a few years back. Headphones are much the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

MYOB wrote: »
    Just get an FM transmitter and the headphones become irrelevant - unless you want them to block out screaming kids or something!

I would imagine you'd be done for driving without due care as Robbo says, as this is what the local paper had a few people done for using old fashioned wired handsfrees under a few years back. Headphones are much the same thing.

Cheers, its purely for the quality of music as the radio does be so Sh*te most of the time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Nothing illegal abiout it, sure itd nearly be the same as using a bluetooth or handsfree wired headphone thingy for phone anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

or use a cassette tape adapter to listen to it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Nooo, fm transmitters and tape decks are both terrible. Get a head unit with Aux in or a direct connection to the back and you'll be sorted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

cormie wrote: »
    Nooo, fm transmitters and tape decks are both terrible. Get a head unit with Aux in or a direct connection to the back and you'll be sorted :)

+1 on this if willing to spend the cash. Most of these will play mp3 CDs also, 700MB per disc so a few CDs will contain the capacity of most smaller mp3 players. This is what I use as my aux in has a DAB radio in it permanently now...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'd imagine it would come under Driving Wihout Due Care or Attention.

:D
    cabrwab wrote: »
    I think so! they'll find away to get you anyway. Driving a motorbike would be dangerous while listening to music on earphones so id imagine a car would be bad too. I know at a check point a gaurd thought i was listening to a CD which was on the passenger seat with earphones plugged in.

Lads, there's no law saying you have to be able to hear stuff.

Deaf people are allowed to drive.

Blind people tend to have problems passing the test though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Redpunto wrote: »
    Cheers, its purely for the quality of music as the radio does be so Sh*te most of the time. :)
    Christ, were you actually thinking of doing this? I'd assumed you'd seen some other fool driving with headphones on and were just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=23443

That looks like a good enough deal, only available for another 23 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Darwin FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

timmywex wrote: »
    Nothing illegal abiout it, sure itd nearly be the same as using a bluetooth or handsfree wired headphone thingy for phone anyway

dawt

its also nearly the same as having your radio turned up loud

Advertisement