Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dive Bag

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

That bag is fine for general carriage, but if you want to carry your dive gear abroad it is wiser to carry it in a normal suitcase, unmarked, so as not to advertise the fact of your having dive equipment.

Safer that way, believe me!

If it's for the back of your car/van a plastic drum/box is way more user friendly to the vehicle. The bag will leak.

Cheers

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

seadeuce wrote: »
    That bag is fine for general carriage, but if you want to carry your dive gear abroad it is wiser to carry it in a normal suitcase, unmarked, so as not to advertise the fact of your having dive equipment.

Safer that way, believe me!

If it's for the back of your car/van a plastic drum/box is way more user friendly to the vehicle. The bag will leak.

Cheers

Seadeuce

Thanks for that but the reason I want to have a recognised dive bag and a big label on it is because I'm flying with BA and they carry your diving gear for free if you have a valid PADI card and "a recognised dive bag". Has anyone flown with BA with their dive gear? They probably won't bother checking the bag so I could probably get away with using a suitcase or just a normal bag?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Easy! - Get the bag and put it in a suitcase!!

Show them what they need to see, then it can be made safe from prying eyes.

Rem. to carry reg/computer in your carry-on.

Seadeuce

Advertisement