Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea/Question: Easy way to mock up a site online?

Options
  • 21-10-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm doing some flat-image mock ups of a new site design. I thought it'd be nice if there was a site that allows you to upload images, and assign a clickable area, maybe by drawing a box around it, that assigns a 'link' to a specified page/image that you've also uploaded.

For example, if I had 3 mocked up images representing my desired web design, and for each image I could draw a box around the logo in the upper panel so that when this area is clicked it goes back to the image/page that I've assigned as the home page.

Anything like this exist? If not, it'd be a handy service :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

I don't know if it's quite what you're looking for but Concept Share might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I dont have office installed here right now... but im pretty sure at one stage they has word incorporated creating html pages, and doing an image map for links from different parts of an image.
    Im sure that emmm.... heh !... MS Frontpage has it

I actually simply put "create image maps html online" into google and one of the first sites looks promising.
    http://www.maschek.hu/imagemap/imgmap
    upload your image, then point out the points. and code will be provided.
    just pop it into a html file and upload somewhere.

if thats what your looking for.
    I would use either Dreamweaver (most likely) or Adobe fireworks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

That's super easy to do in Dreamweaver. Just use image maps and a few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I use Axure for wireframing, design or even color doesn't come into it until a good few stages of revision.

Here's an interesting article on the design process, which uses wireframing

Doing something like click-able image maps etc. would be too much work in my opinion, it sounds like you're already in fairly deep with designs which are going to be chosen.

I'd just use multiple screen shots, and use a service like Jing to share them, so an image of the homepage, with the next image being a link deep or something

Advertisement