Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Script-How they are doing so far

Options
  • 21-10-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

At first it was "We Cry" and "The man who cant be moved" then the rest of the album didnt really seem much to be..But "Before the Worst" is a 10/10 song for me and "Break Even" is the one getting air time recently and its really really good. Saw them live few months back and they really are something...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They're about as Indie/Alternative as my arse. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Mr E wrote: »
    They're about as Indie/Alternative as my arse. :)

well they'd be Alternative/pop rock..there always this fine line between bands..i just thought this be the best home for them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I only heard of them a few weeks ago, got the album over the weekend. Really like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

This is not Alternative or Indie, its pop.

I can respect them though as they play their own instruments, but they sound like a boyband, and I dislike their music.

But they dont belong in this forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

This is exactly why there needs to be a Pop forum.

FWIW I listnened to album once cause they're big-ish over here and they're Irish but jeez it's woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hmm so songs are getting airtime and suddenly they are "great" seems like the record companies plan is working tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I heard their song on the radio the other day and though "hmm, Robbie Williams is back" until the DJ announced who it was. Its fairly slick, but forgettable. And yeah, its about as alternative as Westlife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Xavi6 wrote: »
    This is exactly why there needs to be a Pop forum.

FWIW I listnened to album once cause they're big-ish over here and they're Irish but jeez it's woeful.

Two of them used to be in a failed boyband.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Soby wrote: »
    well they'd be Alternative/pop rock..there always this fine line between bands..i just thought this be the best home for them

They are in their hole. They're Westlife with a drummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

JaneyMc wrote: »
    Two of them used to be in a failed boyband.

Thats enough for me.....they're sh1te then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 richiejg

Good band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 richiejg

I'll probably class as Indie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭rowlandbrowner

Ryaller wrote: »
    They are in their hole. They're Westlife with a drummer.

abandon all talk of genres, that post is the most fitting description you could give them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

They remind me of The Fray. The Fray are also shi.te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭BAZM8

+1

One gazillion percent in agreement there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I think Xavi's comment in the Keane thread sums them up nicely - a crock of ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There's a general Music forum.

No way do The Script belong here... might as well put them in Classical tbh.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

No matter what genre they are I dont think anyone would disagree that break even is a great song. One of my favourites of the past couple of years and I normally stay well away from that sort of music

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

wixfjord wrote: »
    No matter what genre they are I dont think anyone would disagree that break even is a great song. One of my favourites of the past couple of years and I normally stay well away from that sort of music

Lol I'm sure plenty would. I know I do. Awful generic pop crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Dudess wrote: »
    There's a general Music forum.

No way do The Script belong here... might as well put them in Classical tbh.

do we have a comedy forum?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol I'm sure plenty would. I know I do. Awful generic pop crap.

Not to be nit picky now xavi cos I think your a great poster but werent you recently bigging up 3 doors down? :pac:

Just saying that I think breakeven is a v. good song, rest of the album is pure tripe alright

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

The amount of snobbery in this thread...one guy even said he hated them just because two members were formerly in a boyband:confused:

the alright.....the end where i begins okay....they are very easy to listen to but they not goin to change your life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭rowlandbrowner

wixfjord wrote: »
    No matter what genre they are I dont think anyone would disagree that break even is a great song.

i would like to register my disagreement that break even is a "great song".
    The amount of snobbery in this thread...one guy even said he hated them just because two members were formerly in a boyband

most people who mention their prior employment in a boyband don't necessarily dislike them on the basis that they once played in band who – without playing their own instruments - intentionally compromised themselves in order to cater for the needs of a mass audience. They are merely pointing out that they have continued to do this - while playing their own instruments - under the "Script" incarnation, therefore highlighting a proven track record of being horrible corporate sellouts. The morale here is that the devil can take many forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Compared with Scotland and Wales our music successes this decade have been few and far between.
    The Script might be rubbish but fair play to them for their chart hits.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

In response to the OP's opening question "How are they doing so far?".
    Fecking astonishing! Livin the dream! Babes! Booze! Big financial backing! Glossy tours and events! Invited to all the best parties! On the cover of mags with the hottest chicks around! Kish Cash flowing in Ding!Ding!Ding! Riders! Groupies! Free clothes! Free food! Free planes! Back stage tickets! Meeting people of influence in the music world!

And people on here think that's not doing good???! Huh!?

If you can peddle insipid tunes that do no harm ride that big pig until it drops from exhuastion...RIDE ON and feck the begrudgers!

Some people hear flim flamming about something called "artistic integrity". Seinfeld summed it to George the best..."You're not artistic and you've no integrity". So what? Plenty of god awful music not hitting teenagers wirelesses under the pretense of having "artistic integrity".

Go The Script...I wouldn't buy it in a fit but I wouldn't begrudge lads having fun and enjoying it.

How are they doing so far?....Fecking brilliant. Having a moment in time that if being honest most people would take in a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Gotta say that I really like "Before the Worst".....maybe that's coz of the lyrics and a "been there, using the t-shirt as a duster" feeling, but that's what music's supposed to do.

And I COMPLETELY disagree with any comparison to Westlife or any rubbish like that; I wouldn't buy a Westlife album in a million years (and then some), but I did buy The Script's.

I'd class it as "very good" and worth listening to, which puts it a million miles ahead of most of the rubbish that usually makes the charts.....

The amount of snobbery in this thread...one guy even said he hated them just because two members were formerly in a boyband:confused:

Yeah, I'm a snob. Cos I hate boybands. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

utter garbage that will be forgotten about in the coming months and years to come..

at least until the next piece of excrement floats to the surface, in order to satisfy the needs of 13yr old girls that like to spend Daddy's hard earned cash on any muck they please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I like the songs , they are pleasant enough , Wouldn't buy the albums now but wouldn't turn it over if it came on the radio

Advertisement