Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games reviews - who do you trust?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

L31mr0d wrote: »
    gametrailers - I like their format of reviewing and the fact its a video review so they can back up their opinions with actual footage of it happening in game

Thanks for the tip! checked that out, i like the site. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Stuart Campbell is a professional troll and a hack, to hell with him and his brand of bullshit.

As for reviewers, i just ignore them, if it sounds like i'll like the concept of the game, i'll just take a chance on it. If it's bad, ohh well.
    I know my own tastes well enough to know what will and won't appeal to me.

And then on occasion i'll pick up something that the internet in general has been buzzing about if i see it going for cheap. Sometimes i'm surprised.

I'd go along with that except I read the reviews to make sure it isn't bug ridden and that you know, its actually a playable game because some games are great concepts but poorly implemented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Stuarts the best kind of hack. Anybody who doesn't think so needs to read his Gran Turismo review. Never has a review been so full of truthiness. Every other review of the game I read at the time never made any criticism whatsoever.
    http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/gt4/review-gt4.htm

Metacritic is no use for determining a game is good because the vast majority of reviews all have the same opinion. If they flunk something everybody else likes, or have any original thought their audience flames the **** out of them. Thus everything is usually scored between 70% and 90% so that nobody gets offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ActionButton.net
    Cuts through all the bullsh!t.

Also Zero Punctuation, Edge, Eurogamer (ignoring the score is paramount), word-of-mouth, and my own judgement (which has failed me oh so many times).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Back of the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    ActionButton.net
    Cuts through all the bullsh!t.

that site hurts my eyes.

Advertisement