Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law Preliminary Exam

• 21-10-2008 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Has anyone does this exam, or know of anyone, a website that can help me?
    I need to find someone who will do the correspondence course with me, but i'm emailed everyone off the law society website and they can't help me and i've googled the life out of it and can't find any information.

Any help, please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Hi, I did the exam at the last sitting. The exam itself does not deviate from the past exam papers, these are of geat importance so purchase them. If you work from these you should pass it without difficulty.

As you know it's broken down in to three sections; (a) English, (b) General Knowledge and (c) Politics. The English paper is the one that gave me the greatest difficulty. It's not that you are posed with any dificult questions, it is more to do with time constraints and the amount of work to be done. For the politics paper you will be fine if you prepare past exam questions. I picked six that came up the most frequently over the past five years. My general knowledge is strong so I found this paper quite easy. From talking to a few people though this is the one that tends to catch people out. The best advice I can offer is to start reading the Irish Times on a daily basis.

If you are looking for a course this is the best place to start http://www.lawsociety.ie/displayCDAContent.aspx?node=283&groupID=283&code=education. I am sure you will be able to find some guidance here. I myself did not do any of the courses. I personally think that these exams can be studied for independently.

Good luck.

Advertisement