Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activating my phone line

Options
  • 21-10-2008 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

So myself and the missus moved into a new apartment here in Shannon and we're looking to get internets hooked up as soon as possible. There are 2 telephone jacks in the house but no dial tone or number when a number is dialled or whatever. Already applied with Chorus who I know provide in this area because when I do a wireless scan in the house there are 2 Chorus networks they basically said the address I provided isn't able to recieve Chorus in that area.

So how exactly do I activate my line? Is it through Eircom because the phone jacks do have the Eircom logo on them but I don#t want Eircom BB I want something else. Can I activate with Eircom and just go to someone else (ie Chorus).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

Your best bet is to give Eircom a call and tell them you want the line activated, not sure how much it'll cost, once its activated you can then move the line rental to which ever company you are gonna use for BB, thats if your gonna get dsl BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Chorus don't do broadband on the phone line, they use their own cable network. You can use and of the DSL providers on the phone line, but get eircom to activate it. Takes about a day and costs €25 if all the line work is already in place. You should have a tone if it is, but since you don't seem to then it could cost €125 to activate. Even then, broadband is not guaranteed.

Advertisement