Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stereo turning off while driving..

Options
  • 21-10-2008 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I have a VW Polo and the radio works fine when the engine is not on but sometimes when you are driving the power goes from the stereo and we lose all the pretuned stations on the stereo. It only seems to happen randomly.

We thought it was the stereo so we bought a new one but it is still happening. The car is fine otherwise and the battery is fine, as central locking and lights are working off the battery.

Just wondering does any one know why this is happening and how it can be fixed.

Thanks for any advice....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I take it that it's not an original VW radio?

In this case you need to remove the radio, you will notice that there's a red wire leading to another red wire with a clip in between, you need to open this clip and do the same with the 2 yellow wires, then connect one red wire to a yellow and repeat, will work fine afterwards.

I'm surprised your radio is holding any stations at all at the moment once the ignition is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Hi,

I had something similiar when I started to go faster at around 55 mph the radio used to switch off. It turned out my alternator was over charging the battery and sending too much power to the radio. The radio in turn was turning off. Check the alternator and that it is charging correctly.

What kind of radio is it? Blaupunkt by any chance!!

Advertisement