Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galtee Mor

Options
  • 21-10-2008 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning to hike Galtee mor next weekend. I am wondering if anyone has climbed it and if they have any tips/advice about the best route and how long it will take.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 maryo'dee

yes many times and if the weather is nice its one of the best

the way i did it was between cahir and mitchelstown on the old n7 heading for mitchelstown on your right about half way there is a sign for 'galteemore hike'. follow this by road up as far as it goes to the small parking area.
    then follow the old road on foot for about 1/2 hour its called the black road which brings you within sight of the 2 mountains ahead.
    on the right is galteebeag and left of it - galteemore.
    head up to top galteebeag and then follow ridge across to galteemore.

from car up and down 3.5 hours total at a leisurly pace.

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bartelby

thanks for the advice mary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Best of luck with it and let us know how you get on, I plan to climb it something next year as part of my Highest County Points challenge..

Hi Paul,

I'll let you know Sunday evening when I get home. Your challenge sounds very interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Bartelby wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

I'll let you know Sunday evening when I get home. Your challenge sounds very interesting!

Good stuff. I hope the weather is on your side!

The challenge was just something I came up with to give me something to aim for - newly into hill walking so feeling my way into it - very enjoyable hobby. The challenge is a long term one given family/work commitments but has been good fun so far!

• Advertisement

hi there bartleby
    did you do galteemore
    i was down in tipp this weekend and the weather looked great for it, cold and clear most of the time. i counldn't do it myself as i am recovering from an injury.

Hi, unfortunately I was nursing a hang over sunday morning so I never went up. I was really disappointed i did the dog on it saturday night when i saw the fine weather Sunday. I hope to go up Galtee Mor in 3 weeks time instead

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Tootsie

Hi Mary,
    I'm going to do it this Sunday,after reading the posts,is the path swampy????
    T

well you have a road for a lot of the way but it is fairly wet after that. but so are all the hills at this time of year so you have to live with it.

Advertisement