Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jury Duty

• 21-10-2008 9:02pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Am wondering:

Have just got a letter today telling me I am called for Jury Service. However the dates are just after my wife is due. Can I be excused on those ground? The info leaflet isn't that clear on this.

Personally I would love to do Jury Duty,think it could be very interesting and an insight into the workings of our legal system. Another time i would jump at the chance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

Firstly be aware that failure to attend is a Criminal Offence and you could be summoned to appear at the District Court.

However in you circumstances i am sure you could be excused, i know that people use far less trivial excuses to avoid Jury Service. I would contact the office that sent you the summons if there is a contact number and explain your circumstances and i am sure they would excuse you. But make sure you get the name of the person you speak to in case they forget to take your name off this current list. Failing that you could go to Court the first day and explain your position to the Court Registrar and i am sure you would be excused

See the link below that might help answer a few questions.

http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/Library3.nsf/PageCurrentWebLookUpTopNav/Jury%20Service

Advertisement