Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ho to get to Dell/ Cherrywood

Options
  • 21-10-2008 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi All

I got to go to Dell in Cherrywood and was wondering if anyone knew the best bus to take? Dublinbus.ie recons the 45 or the 7 but one seems to go to Bray and doesnt mention cherrywood and the other seems to stop the far side of a motorway from Cherrywood!

Any help appreciated!
    gerryR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

gerryR wrote: »
    Hi All

I got to go to Dell in Cherrywood and was wondering if anyone knew the best bus to take? Dublinbus.ie recons the 45 or the 7 but one seems to go to Bray and doesnt mention cherrywood and the other seems to stop the far side of a motorway from Cherrywood!

Any help appreciated!
    gerryR

There is a shuttle bus from Bray DART station...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

45, 145, 84. 145 is the quickest from the city centre, 84 rarely goes. 45 goes through Blackrock and a few other places and takes ages. They'll all stop on the far side of the motorway from Cherrywood. 5 minute walk, if you're really slow.

Actually yeah I forgot, the 7 does go there. Once again it'll take ages from town though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the No 7 goes right in to the estate whereas the no. 45 stops on the N11

Go for the No. 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Luas to Sandyford, then there's a free bus from the Luas stop for Dell people(if it's an interview, ring Dell and see if you can use it). Takes about fifteen minutes, afaik. The Luas takes about a half hour to get to Sandyford. So a much more comfortable trip than the bus, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

All no 7's go to Cherrywood after 7pm , but before that they terminate at either Loughlinstown or Cherrywood. Journey time outside of rush hour is about 65 mins.

IMO you would be better off getting the 145, because although it leaves you a longer walk, the route is more direct (straight out the N11), so the journey time is considerably shorter, about 40 mins. Worth having a look at the 46C as well as these run from Cherrywood direct to the CC along the N11 QBC.

This is presuming that you are starting your journey in the CC of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

Thanks for all the help, got the 7 out (had to hop on the 45 for a few mins after)

And got the 145 back as there were big delays for whatever bus services Cherrywood.

Thanks again!
    gr

Advertisement