Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it safe?

• 21-10-2008 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi everyone, I started a thread a week or two ago about the South Beach Diet. Well I'm happy to say it's going well so far, but weighed myself yesterday and I've lost about 6 pounds in just over a week. Is this safe? Considering I wasn't very overweight in the first place... Obviously I'm happy to see a difference, but should I be concerned?

Also, what exactly IS 'water weight'??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I'm not that familiar with the diet but I'm fairly sure it just emphasises eating good sources of carbs and fat as well as plenty of lean protein (correct me if I'm wrong).

Which is impressive how he managed to turn standard healthy eating into a big money spinner - though I guess the same could be said for Patrick Holford et al.

If the above is correct then it's safe, providing you're taking in enough overall calories and not starving yourself. The first couple of weeks will usually see a more significant loss.

Advertisement