Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its all about attitude

• 21-10-2008 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi guys

Im 3 and a half weeks off the smokes....and tbh, I havent found it as hard as I thought it would be.

I think that when giving up its 75% state of mind 25% hard work...but boy does it pay off.

Since Saturday for example...Iv spent €3.60....I have no idea what to spend my money on!!

So for all....get your mind right for the task in hand...be determined....and take it 5 mins at a time....dont think too far ahead...just say to yourself you just have to get over the next 5 mins and youll be fine....and you will.

To one and all giving up...best of luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭keithm1

good advice there fairplay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

i am off them 8 months in a weeks time and fell like a new man. i have gotten fit and taken up new past times that i could never have done before, cycling for example. it is all about state of mind as a previous poster said. i went cold turkey and really think that if you are truly serious about giving up this is the way to go. with nicotine replacement you are only dragging the whole thing out. there were bad days and i fell off the wagon twice with a skinfull of drink but the next morning just started again.
    just remember it can be done and it is worth it.

Advertisement