Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book you've re-read the most

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

How To Talk Dirty And Influence People

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

Tying for second are probably the silmarillion, 20,000 leagues under the sea and frankenstein

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭IndigoStarr

The Rules of Attraction, by Bret Easton Ellis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭FishFlop21

THE DA VINCI CODE

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ann22 wrote: »
    So would i actually. Sometimes I lend books to people and don't get them back. I hate that. I lent 'Salem's Lot' to a chap who took it on hols and left it on the plane. At the time it didn't bother me as i was so nervous after reading it I thought I wouldn't put myself through it again, I wouldn't go down the stairs for a drink of water at night for ages after it but I think now I feel ready to give it another go. Smashing horror story.

Is that Stephen King?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Yes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Pride and Prejudice. Couldn't count how many times I've read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

The Pyrates by George McDonald Fraser (He of Flashman fame)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I started reading U2 by U2 this morning. Jasus times are bad :)

Time to re-read something! Good thread, so many potential ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

A book called Dragon Prince by Melanie Rawn. I picked it up when I was 10 in a charity shop in London.. Found it in my attic at 19 and have read it at least twice a month since then, and I'm 21 now. It's a collection of six books and I have recently purchased the entire collection :D
    Most people have not heard of it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Allen Carrs - the easy way to stop smoking..... I wish I was joking!

On the other side of things, must have read Little Women at least 15 times, I loved that book as a teenager and still love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I've read JPOD id say 6 times in the last year, I love it so. (Takes around 2 so not too long)

Adrian Mole books are more that i consistently reread, especially the later ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yes. :)

I'm gonna look out for Salem's Lot, so. You've sold it to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Hope you enjoy it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Tree wrote: »
    The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

Tying for second are probably the silmarillion, 20,000 leagues under the sea and frankenstein
    Taste is a funny thing. Hitchhikers is certainly in the top 5 books I've reread (maybe 5 times) but I skim read silmarillion just to get through it and ditto 20,000 leagues under the sea, every time verne would start talking about what kind of flora/fauna he was seeing i'd skip 5 pages to the end of the spiel. Another thing that drove me around the bend about Verne (and Journey to the Centre of the Earth was the same) whenever something exciting is happening, a climax is building, the narrator gets knocked unconcious and wakes up when its over. If hell is different for every person, I'm going to spend eternity reading those two books. :D

I've re-read Catch 22 a lot, LotR a lot, Animal Farm and 1984 a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I have the first three installments of the Rabbit tetralogy (by John Updike) in one omnibus, and I have read it many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 louph

The Lord of the Rings &The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I reread Adrian Mole a lot as a kid. Looking at some of the books here It just goes to show how subjective taste is. I think Id rather gauge my eyes out then reread the Lord Of The Rings. Let alone reread it every year. Lifes to short. With that said Ive re read Paradice Lost..... A LOT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Bible.

Lord of the Rings

the Aubrey-Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian. I have read it dozens of times at this stage. Its still my original Junior Cert copy and its in bits but I could never bear to throw it away.

I have read all of the Harry Potters several times and also Adrian Mole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_of_the_Twins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Twins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_of_the_Twins

re-read these as a teenager, might have a read of them again and see if they're as good as I remember. Half afraid to incase they aren't :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 john77

must have read Sean Kelly's biography (by david Walsh) about 15 times when i was a teenager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Bansheewails

:DStephen kings - the stand is one of my all times favourites, a great epic story have read it over and over, even my sons quote lines from it!! :rolleyes:

Have the entire harry potter series at my bedside, i read from them every night, comforting before sleep.

The hobbit and Lord of the ring also get a read through every now and then, especially if I have read something truely awful, like the Da vinci code:eek:, I as going to send a copy of Harry Potter to Mr. Brown, just so he could read wellwritten characters!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

On the road

the road - cormac mccarthy is a genius

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Like Shivers26 I still love Goodnight Mr. Tom. I read it first in primary school and I could still pick it up and devour it.

I could also read and re-read Oryx and Crake forever. I love Margaret Atwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Ian C

I read "I am David" by Anne Holm quite a few times as a kid. My copy of "Lord Of The Rings" is also well read!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 foolsgold

Blush_01 wrote: »
    I could also read and re-read Oryx and Crake forever. I love Margaret Atwood.

+ 1

To kill a mockingbird is the only book Ive ever read more than once, there is always so much stuff to get through

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sakigrant

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Little Women
    Great Expectations
    The Collector
    3rd Harry Potter book
    Debutantes by Charlotte Bingham
    Trainspotting
    Enid Blyton's school books...still come back to them now when I need a little comforting! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Wuthering Heights
    The Little Prince

Advertisement