Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book you've re-read the most

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Beach Music by Pat Conroy, any one not familiar with him, he wrote the book behind the movie, The Prince Of Tides. He can invoke a sense of Taste, Smell, Touch and Sound unlike any author ive ever read...ie, i've tasted the food and smelt the aroma's from the market around the Piazza where the main character lived...Awesome writer...

Then its Wuthering Heights and Great Expectations, followed by a good dose of The Conte de Monte Cristo, with Love in the Time of Cholera for Dessert...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

MonicaBing wrote: »
    Beach Music by Pat Conroy, any one not familiar with him, he wrote the book behind the movie, The Prince Of Tides. He can invoke a sense of Taste, Smell, Touch and Sound unlike any author ive ever read...ie, i've tasted the food and smelt the aroma's from the market around the Piazza where the main character lived...Awesome writer...

Then its Wuthering Heights and Great Expectations, followed by a good dose of The Conte de Monte Cristo, with Love in the Time of Cholera for Dessert...:)

The brilliant Wuthering Heights is one of the few fiction books I have read more than once...just so many new books out there I want to read I seldom re read fiction. Keep meaning to get around to Beach Music and half way through the Conte at present, a pure joy. Dessert is the Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Locamon wrote: »
    The brilliant Wuthering Heights is one of the few fiction books I have read more than once...just so many new books out there I want to read I seldom re read fiction. Keep meaning to get around to Beach Music and half way through the Conte at present, a pure joy. Dessert is the Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster.

Follies is fourth on my nest to get list...see now i have a crush on ya!! The fact that ur gonna read Beach Music, oh enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

MonicaBing wrote: »
    Follies is fourth on my nest to get list...see now i have a crush on ya!! The fact that ur gonna read Beach Music, oh enjoy it!

Great literature gets us all excited...enjoy the wonderful follies...just have to get through about ten books before I get to Beach Music but it's on the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

I do not tend to re-read books. However the only books I have re-read are all by F. Scott Fitzgerald and that was due to college work:

-This Side of Paradise (2)
    -The Beautiful and Damned (2)
    -The Great Gatsby (4)
    -Tender is the Night (3)
    -Tender is the Night: 2nd Edition (2)
    -The Last Tycoon (2)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Tawfee

City of Glass by Paul Auster, the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman & Animal Farm by Orwell are the only books I can recall re-reading, but there's a few I'd like to re-read if i got a chance, mostly books i didn't "get" the first time round, like Catch 22, The Great gatsby..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I read 'Gone with the Wind' when I was in my teens once but it was the kind of book you could pick up, open it at any page and get lost in straight away so I've read parts of it many times. My sister must've read it a hundred times. I'd like to read it again now from start to finish. The sequel 'Scarlet' wasn't near as absorbing...I couldn't help feeling 'it's not really what happened 'cos it was a different author'. Pity Margaret Mitchell died before there was ever a genuine sequel.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

My copies of Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone, Catcher in the Rye and To Kill a Mockingbird have all fallen apart at the seams. I'm currently on my second copy of Catcher.

Slightly embarrassing, but pretentiousness be damned! I love 'em. =]

Advertisement