Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I need new bulbs

Options
  • 21-10-2008 9:55pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭

MCC BA9s Halogen 12V 10W
    like these...
    The originals (in a plastic housing) are something like €25+ each from BMW & I'm damned if I'm going to part with money like that for side light bulbs!
    The ones in the link above can be ordered in a factors for about €10 each which IMO is still too much for a poxy bulb!

I can't find them anywhere except on ebay. Does anyone know of somewhere 'reliable' that may have them.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

www.radionics.ie have them. (The site seems to crash if you disallow cookies).

Radionics are normally overpriced on everything but are handy for finding this type of stuff.

196-0751 12V 10W ba9 tungsten €6.46

alternatively (and cheaper for some reason):

370-3083 12V 15W ba9 tungsten €2.83
    370-3077 12V 5W ba9 tungsten €2.83

prices are probably excl. vat

Edit: actually those cheaper ones probably aren't suitable for automotive as it says no mechanical vibration in the small print. The only ones they specifically list under automotive are around the €6 mark but they are all 2W.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Cheers Steve.
    All prices exclude VAT, which Radionics will add at the rate applicable at the date of despatch. There is a minimum charge of €25.00 per order (excluding VAT), although Radionics reserves the right to waive this for Account transactions or to apply a service charge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

kbannon wrote: »
    Cheers Steve.

Didn't know about that minimum order amount, I'm pretty sure I've bought stuff from them before for less than that (in store).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I used these lads lately and was mightily impressed.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/index.asp

Free delivery and a free set of sidelights too. Which was nice.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Kev - they seem to incorrectly list mine as 5W (and they also think I'd like blue bulbs). I can't seem to find the BA9s on it. Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement