Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last books I read

• 21-10-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭

Alex Garland - The Beach.
    I really liked the film, and everyone was always saying how the book was much better than the film, so decided to check it out.

Was not dissapointed. One of the best novels I've ever read. Read it all, within a day.

Nick Hornby - High Fidelity

Again I'd seen the film, but I wasn't too pushed about this book. Completely forgettable.

James H. Jones Alfred C Kinsey, a Life - A massive biography of legendary sex researcher Alfred Kinsey. Interesting and amazingly well researched, but it was a bit dry, with a bit too much reliance on documenting as much stuff as possible.

Designing Modern America -Non Fiction biography about two forgotten designers, Joseph Urban and Norman Bel Geddes, who were independently responsible for much of American design in the first half of the 20th century. Not the best written book. The concept of a single biography for two completely unrelated people, who probably never met, is bizzare and never really works. but it is interesting to see how much these two people each achieved between them.

Advertisement